BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

I have to go with the Butcher of Khardov. I run a 'jack heavy list and he augments them beautifully. The troops I do run are all Pikemen he can make them very difficult to kill when you combine IronFlesh and the Shield Wall.

If you Ask me wich one of the casters is the one I like the most...

MMM...

I woud say That Dawnguard Vyros is the one.
    He is the caster that made me take the desition to play warmachine, and after reading and reading and playing with him, I took the conection within my iner elf and Vyros..
    The fact that he`s not only a caster but a dawn guard leader to, was something that enlightened me in a way that I could not resist, Each time I took him to battle I feel this special conection that cheers me to anihilate my oponent in the name of Scyrah.
    The model is one of the nicest models I ever seen, the pose with the falcon over his arm and the way he keeps his sword is magnificent.
    I know that in rules he is not the best caster, neither of the iosians or the others factions, but for me, he is the one, I know that he woud not disapoint me so, I coud not disapoint him leaving him in the case, so I chose him almost all the time.

So, the answer to wich caster I prefer?

Well Vyros always!!

My favorite caster is Skarre because of her ability to make every single one of your warjacks into a beast. Her ex-post-facto boost ability as well as extra jack movement (not to mention a game changing feat) just make her into a tacticians dream come true.

Default Asheth Magnus - Loyal Son of Cygnar

Hard not to pick Magnus as my favorite. Saw him when he was first released at Gen Con and picked him up - even before I actually started to play the game

There was somehting about the model that just looked like he had a story to tell, and I wasn't disappointed.

I've enjoyed watching Magnus become the poster boy for 'the Merc Faction' (before all these upstart privateers started to show up), even as his beloved Cygnar became enamored by his nemesis, the pandering sycophant Stryker.

Magnus' story has been epic in its own right (oh, and did I forget to mention he is the only Merc Warcaster to go Epic?), stretching through both the Warmachine and Hordes gaming systems. I've actually purchased all the Hordes books, just because I wanted to be able to continue to read his tale (well, that and maybe thoughts of fielding a Skorne force beside him), and discovered new depths to a character that I thought I had known so well.

Magnus is a complex man, who is th master of intrigue and manipulation, his one driving goal is to see his country in a position of strength again (and maybe see Stryker take a fall).

You may call him Magnus, the Traitor, but I call him Magnus, Loyal Son of Cygnar.
    Last edited by JustinKase; 04-29-2010 at 11:40 PM.

Default Soul of the struggle to see spring rise in Ios. Blinding light of the Retribution...

Ravyn
    Eternal Light

All seemed lost, darkness and foes were everywhere. They would overwhelm us at any moment. Death had come. There was no hope… And then hope came.
    A light in the darkness. A lone figure sweeping through ethereal mist. A swirl of destruction, death in her wake.
    Ravyn, eternal light.
    The graceful arc of her blade swept up, over and round, slicing, thrusting, piercing, while from its end golden energy burst, illuminating her still features, leaving none standing. Radiant light streaked out from her hand and was mirrored in her eyes, blossoming crimson amid more distant enemies.
    She briefly spoke, words of devotion and duty, and as she did faith welled up in us. A steely determination gripped us; we fought for our race, for our redemption, for our goddess, and we would not fail. We knew now we would prevail.
    The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Why does my mind’s eye see eternal light shining brighter than all else? You tell me.

My favorite warcaster, without hesitation, is General Adept Sebastian Nemo. I started playing Warmachine specifically because of warjacks, and nobody can out-warjack Nemo.

Character wise, Nemo is embodiment of a patriot for Cygnar, tirelessly fighting for his country no matter the odds, the situation, and even in defeat, as in his rearguard defense retreating from Northguard.

On the tabletop, General Nemo commands his warjacks to do great things, enabling them better strength in combat, protective abilities, and keeping them running longer than any other warcaster could. The General also has a few useful abilities to tie up enemy warjacks and help his troops get the charge on the enemy.

All around, General Adept Nemo is an amazingly deep and fun warcaster to use. Nobody runs a large battlegroup nearly like he does, and that is why he is my favorite.

My favorite warcaster is probably Denegrah. She epitomizes the Cryx ethos of playing dirty and hyper mobility. Most of her spells are powerful debuffs that render her foes unable to do many thing as well as being very weakened. Also the fact that she can pretty much dance about the battle field is appealing to me too.

Default Magnus

My Favorite Warcaster would have to be Magnus and here's why.

If someone asked me why I started to play Warmachine my answer would be because of the Mangler. Now of course I know this is supposed to be about my Favorite warcaster but that's my answer. I wanted to play with the Mangler. Of course at the time I didn't know that you could only use it with Magnus in MKI but I didn't mind. For once I played with this mad genius, I was hooked. His story is compelling and he is someone I really could Identify with. Magnus' stats are more solid then ever and his creativity and perseverance is something that anyone can admire.

Magnus was a loyal and favored subject of the Elder Raelthorne, Vinter. Until Leto, the Younger Raelthorne, threw a coup over Vinter. After succeeding in the halt of a khador invasion because of Magnus' efforts, Magnus gets demoted and thrown into the brig. 'Why?' you may ask, because one Coleman Stryker reported so called tortures on Khadorians by Magnus. He then had to serve under Stryker, who after casting an earthquake to stop a Crusader, falls on Magnus destroying his arm and crippling his leg. The line "Clinging to life only through sheer Hatred" sums up his stay at the Infirmary pretty well. I am in total agreement in what happens next. He rides back to the front line and joins Stryker in battle only to thrust a blade deep into the dog's back.

As Stryker spurts blood, he goes in for the kill only to realize he is outnumbered and has to flee. He has connections with not only Vinter loyalists in Cygnar, but with sects from Skorne and indebted Mercenaries that would follow Magnus into Ur-Caen itself. He then builds the warjacks Renegade and Mangler from other kingdoms' junk and his own ingenuity. He also does the impossible, constructs an arcnode from scrap. Sometime later in his run in with Allister Cain, Magnus convinces Cain to throw down his Magelock pistols. He has his hand in so many parts of the story, not to mention his own reasons for doing what he does, that I could go on for hours. So to sum it up, Magnus is a man with many secrets that I can relate to. So here's to Magnus!

The introduction of MKII makes Magnus a more solid warcaster. He has an arsenal of tactics and weapons he can bear in battle to win the day. There is nothing as formidable as the Renegade, a devastating weapon in melee and ranged warfare. The Renegade can deliver the pain across the table with the Obliterator Rocket, a massive shrapnel missile designed for one purpose, to cause a mass explosion sending enemies flying to the ground. It also has an arcnode that Magnus built himself which channels his spells farther.

A good tactic I like to use is to arc Arcantrik Bolt through the Renegade and then charge with it. Snipe on the Obliterator will always catch your opponent off guard and Temper Metal give this light jack armor like the Khadorian Jacks ARM 20! His other creation, the Mangler is a power house in itself. Upkeep Iron Aggression for a lot of power attack options or Thresher to clear out that pesky infantry. An 8 inch spray ranged attack is nothing to scoff at, Foecleaver and Foecleaver X bring powerful attacks to the table and make your focus go further, resourceful makes upkeeping spells on his battle group and focus management a breeze. Both Magnus' feats control the board, with his tier ability to use trenchers or long gunners with their UAs he has even more options to bring the hurt.

As for the physical model itself, Mike McVey did a wonderful job. How he sculpted all of Magnus' hatred for Stryker and his battered story into Magnus is beyond me. He did an awesome job with all of the models. I personally love converting things and for me that ties in perfectly with Magnus because Magnus created his own unique warjacks. I felt that McVey captured this perfectly in his sculpts.

A madman who will stop at nothing to complete his agenda. Magnus. I love Magnus so much I keep his card and his battle group cards in my wallet. If that doesn't prove he is my favorite warcaster. I don't know what does!

-ApocalypseRAT
    Last edited by ApocalypseRAT; 04-30-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Drago (or a vanilla Bers) and Vlad for Khador... dice dice and more dice hitting hard and fast.

Caine and a Defender.... much Dakka in Warmachine.

-Z

My favourite warcaster? Well, technically there's three of them: The Witch Coven of Garlghast. They're brilliant models (and really, who doesn't like a weird floaty ball of death?) with buckets of focus and great spells, and seeing your opponent's face as you measure out a 36" control range to your Stalker never gets old!

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast