BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Chaplain

But isn't that what this thread is about? To bring problems into the light, to help understand them and to help one overcome them, though discussion and back each other up?
    C'est la vie. C'est l'amour. Cela est une pomme de terre.

Occuli Imperator

The problem is that the NHS still consider mental health as the poor relation. If you gain type 2 diabetes through your own actions you can be sure of full life care, if you happen to be subjected to mental health issues that aren't your choice well too bad, you only have a finite resource so good luck, let's hope CBT or 12 months of therapy sorts it, otherwise, **** you, you're on your own.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Don't forget the wait to see someone.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Hmm... So should I be happy I'm in the States, then?

Maybe should see what my insurance from my job covers. Probably not much, since I mainly have it to stop the IRS from trying to take all my money.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Hmm... So should I be happy I'm in the States, then?
    Well that obviously depends on if you can afford treatment. I would assume if you're paying for it you can get it quicker.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Depends on your job.

I've got private medical care through work. But I also have the NHS for the initial referral etc.

Trying to think of a way to say this next bit without sounding like a conceited arsehole, so please read in the spirit it's intended - in the UK, it seems once you hit a certain level of earnings, most jobs come with some form of private medical as a perk, ditto pensions etc. The more 'valuable' your job role, the more such things are used as sweeteners for staff retention.

Example? I could look to pastures new and increase my monthly and annual earnings. But, thanks to the perks I get (solid annual bonus, ridiculously good pension in that they pay 12% of my wage flat, and match me up to 3%, and give me £50 a month flexi benefit cash, so ultimately I pay £25 a month into my pension, but actually get £450 squirrelled away) a new employer would have to pay me significantly more. Once the main perks are taken into account, I actually get around £40,000 in goodies. That's the wonderful world of sort-of-finance in the UK.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Offshore firms tend to have pretty nice private medical. I get a good discount on my BUPA, which I take out as a just-in-case measure. I also get subsidies on any glasses I need to buy, and a couple of other perks.

There's also the standardised medical testing, but most of that involves being...internally inspected by a Norwegian doctor, so it's not really a perk. Thankfully only a requirement for offshore staff, which I am not.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910