BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dreads get It will not die. So it helps them regain a hull point here and there. But I called my local gw and he says everything gets IWND. Then i emailed the rules guys from gw and I am waiting for the response.
    Purge the Weak!

I still have an e-mail from "the rules guys" (which are the mailorder guys) which allows me to confer infiltration from a character to a unit. On the other hand I have a second one that says it does not confer and they FAQed it later that you may not even join.

To say that the answers are highly unreliable is flattering.
    You will have to wait for an official FAQ to settle it (will probably never happen, they do not support their products) until then it is up to you which version you want to play (AND to your opponent of course).
    Strictly RAW it is "no". It is up to you how you negotiate it but from my POV the "no" faction has a better argument.

Out of interest... how would you handle the Legion of the Damned? No Chapter Tactics but part of the same detachment (which can only consist of one chapter) so they fullfill the same criteria as Vehicles when the chapter tactics say "all infantry units get X" ?
    If you see them as an exception, why is that so?

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Out of interest... how would you handle the Legion of the Damned? No Chapter Tactics but part of the same detachment (which can only consist of one chapter) so they fullfill the same criteria as Vehicles when the chapter tactics say "all infantry units get X" ?
    Are Legion of the Damned still in the SM codex? I thought they would have pulled them out of it now they have their own 'Codex'.
    Well, to answer your question, if I were to make such a houserule (because I think it is a houserule) I would not include Legion of the Damned for fluff reasons- it makes sense that Iron Hands tanks are tougher, but not that essentially temporarily attached troops gain Iron Hands benefits.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Well I Feel like all dreadnoughts and variants get it including contemptors. other tanks if they dont get it oh well. most of the times doesnt save them most tanks i use get wrecked and not hull pointed to death. Just gotta use a techmarine for repair then. legion of the damned dont get it because they are a different chapter and have their own supplement? idk
    Purge the Weak!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Because some people don't need to be wheedly small idiots desperate for anything to hold over a company so don't need every little obvious thing explained to them?

legion of the damned dont get it because they are a different chapter and have their own supplement?
    They are included in the Codex: Space Marines.
    Now they can not be a "different" chapter because you are not allowed to include different chapters in the same detachment.

So they have to be either Iron Hands Legion of the damned (as they are from the iron hands detachment) or they have to be (lets call it) unaligned as they do meet criteria 1) (chosen as a part of an iron hands detachment) but do not meet criteria 2) (must have chapter tactics special rule). Same goes from my POV for vehicles without chapter tactics. They are part of the detachment but do not benefit from chapter tactics as they do not meet criteria 2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12