BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Forge World Amsterdam OPEN DAY Master Thread

Forge World Amsterdam Open Day
    The event event will be held at the stunning Park Plaza (Amsterdam Airport) hotel on Saturday the 5th of September 2015.

During the event:

• You will have the opportunity to meet with miniature designers, artists, and writers from the Forge World studio!
    • We will be holding a painting competition, which will be judged by members of the studio and we will present an exclusive trophy to the winner, so remember to bring your favourite Forge World model along with you!
    • We will be offering you the chance to win a Reaver Titan! All you have to do is enter our charity raffle.
    • The latest Forge World and Citadel new releases will be available on the day, including the Primarch of the Iron Warriors, Perturabo; and the immense Warlord Titan!
    • Event-exclusive miniatures and merchandise will also be available too!

Please put all pics, news, and rumors from the event here BoLS fans & news sleuths!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Via [URL="http://battlebunnies.blogspot.com/2015/09/forge-world-european-open-day-2015_5.html"]Battlebuddies' Agent of the Heresy[/URL] 9-5-2015

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blogger-image--1779345138.jpg 
Views:	1038 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	15658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blogger-image-1409189564.jpg 
Views:	928 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	15659Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blogger-image-366048371.jpg 
Views:	928 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	15660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blogger-image-1742048463.jpg 
Views:	842 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	15661Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blogger-image-1589406889.jpg 
Views:	907 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	15662Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blogger-image--1353585428.jpg 
Views:	840 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	15663Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blogger-image-790556725.jpg 
Views:	771 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	15664Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blogger-image--86200768.jpg 
Views:	857 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	15665Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blogger-image-1247740157.jpg 
Views:	861 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	15666
    Last edited by Kesher; 09-05-2015 at 07:26 AM.
    Want even more? Checkout spikeybitsblog.com

Unsourced Via Facebook

Name:	11227635_10206709869281589_7908467048819965054_n.jpg 
Views:	766 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	15667Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11261504_10206709869161586_4734706568367048523_n.jpg 
Views:	722 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	15668Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11180308_10206709868561571_8406914583371767760_n.jpg 
Views:	689 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	15669Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11990531_10206709867441543_4057770101742210412_n.jpg 
Views:	732 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	15670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1621799_10206709867361541_2869304269063616557_n.jpg 
Views:	686 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	15671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	med_gallery_79873_10492_30701.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	15682
    Last edited by Bigred; 09-07-2015 at 10:27 AM.
    Want even more? Checkout spikeybitsblog.com

Fly Lord

via Bolter and Chainsword's [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312935-forge-world-open-day-2015-amsterdam-edition/page-2"]m_r_parker[/URL]:

Horus Heresy Book VI Info

From what I heard regarding Book VI:
    It has been floated that the name is 'Retaliation', and will be a Conquest-esque tome focussed on the Shattered Legions (Iron Hands, Salamanders and Raven Guard) taking the fight back to the traitors, specifically the Iron Warriors.

It won't feature the traditional introduction of a Legion, with it's rules / characters / units / Primarch, but will feature a mechanism for creating a Shattered Legion force for both sides of the Heresy (both loyalist and traitor).

I believe it's also been mentioned that this book will contain the Legion rules for the Blood Angels, Dark Angels and White Scars - but will be restricted to Legion rules and Rites of War, and will not include any legion-specific units or characters (or Primarchs). This is to enable those waiting to do these Legions to start whilst they wait for their tomes to come out. This ties in with the upgrade packs coming out before the end of the year. I don't know if this will also contain the Wolves and Thousand Sons, but I have a feeling it won't and will be covered in the detail it requires in the Prospero book.

We may also see other elements of non-Astartes forces as well as other elements not tied to Legions - but this may not be this book, and may be covered later. At the Open Day Alan Bligh was talking about various things that he wanted to do, like dark assassins and 'agents of the Warmaster'. Might not be for this book, but could be later.
    via B&C's Lord Thørn

For the Space Wolves, it seemed like they were starting to plan them, but really just the very beginning stages. They don't know yet what the final Legion symbol will be, so that's a fair example of how early on in the process they are. Mark Bedford's examples were grey armour with black pauldrons, with the Wolf in the Stars (the Great Wolf's) symbol from the decal sheets, but that is only to get an idea. However, they also seemed to be grizzled warriors with jump packs, so JPs might not be limited to Wolf Guard and Blood Claws ?

However, any fears about them being Wolfy McWolfy Wolves can start to be quelled. The idea really seems to be to represent the Emperor's executioners and exterminators, as they were designed to be in the fluff, moving back to disctinctly Space Vikings vibe, rather than silly wolfiness.

The Solar Auxilia with the axes are the only new models, but they are really nice. Of course, I wouldn't have expected much more, since it is only an open day, with bigger events coming up very soon.

...Doom of Mymeara 2nd edition should be out soonish (in the next couple of months), with an updated and expanded corsair list (new units, but no or few new models planned)

There was also quite a bit of very sweet concept art for Thousand Sons (depthcharge should be happy because tuning forks featured prominently smile.png) , some hairy heads (read possible White Scars and Space Wolves), iconography/transfers for the Legions of Istvaan III, and Invictarius Suzerain stuff. Since the Invictarius are already out and they didn't look exactly like the ones in the sketchbooks, don't read too much in to this. (One of the World Eaters symbols really made me go wow, a kind of a profile hound skull bighting a world, which isn't on the transfer sheet that already exists. I think AO108 took a snapshot of it).

As already mentioned, lots of amusing and eerie concept art for Dark Mechanicum, I think we're in for a treat with those ! Also, the sketches I saw still seemed relatively close to the loyalist counterparts, so there should hopefully be conversion opportunities.
    Some talk about a possible online update of IA2, since Space Marines codex came out later

[irony]No-one new anything about any possible plastic heresy, and there is nothing to suggest that it will be out next games day...[/irony] Read that this is pretty much sure.tongue.png None of the designers seemed concerned about Games Workshop taking over, and seemed to feel that it should complement Forge World's stuff, as a launching ground.

I may have been too direct when I asked, but they didn't seem to be aware of any possible Chaos releases, they seemed to think it was "made up". As I said, I may have been to direct, so don't jump to conclusions.
    Last edited by Bigred; 09-05-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Fly Lord

New Forge World decal sheets:

Iron Hands, Imperial Fists, Solar Auxilia, Salamanders

Name:	gallery_79873_10492_63061.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	15674Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery_79873_10492_108605.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	15675Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery_79873_10492_69504.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	15676Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery_79873_10492_90240.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	15677

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://battlebunnies.blogspot.com/2015/09/horus-heresy-book-6-little-bit-more.html"]BattleBunnies[/URL] 9-5-2015

Legion traits for 16 Legions (Not Vlka Fenryka or Thousand Sons).

Blood Angels, Dark Angels and White Scars will have Legion Traits. They will not have Primarchs in this book but will have the traits which will enable you to build a Legion.

Rites of War (including new ones) for all 16 Legions in this book. This includes a full Gal Vorbak force Rite of War and a full Kacophoni force Rite of War. This will be great to see, and hopefully we will get a taste of Heresy Emperor's Children coming through (lots of bright colours, piercings and handcuffs).

There will be a few new units for the Legions coming through, mainly stuff we have seen recently.

It will provide abilities to build shattered Legion forces. These have been very difficult to balance as could have easily have been a force where you painted a unit up in the scheme of the most effective Legion trait for that given unit (I.e. You may have a Breacher squad and decided to paint as Iron Hands as it would give you a better perk than if you painted it as Raven Guard etc).

Rumours are that the Black Shield force will be either expanded upon or buildable.

Argel Tal will NOT be in this book.

There is a new Titan Legio in this book which has not been seen before.

No information about the battles this book focuses around, but the whole Meduson series of conflicts are what to kind of expect.

That's it. With the base Plastic range incoming I am unsure as to when we will see this book. It could be that GW want to tie it in to their new range which should be coming out end of October. Or they could release it as per Conquest around November after teasing it at a Seminar at the 40k Open Day.

I believe we will see Corax on the 17th of October for sale.

The next which is either Dorn or Alpharius will be shown at a seminar on the same day. It will be done by Israel Gonzalez. As Israel sculpted both Sigismund and Dynatt (and did a fantastic job on Eidolon), these can both be seen as training pieces really. I believe he will be doing both characters at this stage, with Egan starting work on Leman Russ, Freki and Geri. We may see Alpharius or Dorn before Xmas. The other at the HH Weekender 2016 (where book 7 will be shown off) with maybe a teaser of Russ. At the moment I can not be sure who would do Magnus but I would love to see Trish set to it as I believe she is more than capable.

Anyhoo, come back for our Throne of Skulls Horus Heresy report on the 3rd and 4th October and the 40k Open day on the 17th where we will be reporting what we see up ASAP.

Hello,

The center piece of the open day was a sort of factory thigy with lots of crates.
    When i asked them how they made the crates they said they had a old of it and where originaly going to release it as a forge world product but when they looked at the price they thought it would be too much.
    Later i was told that they had given the mold to GW and said that they really hoped GW mould make it a plastic kit.
    I didn't see this info anywere and just like the Forge World staff said i am not sure if it is gonna be a real kit.

-Sh4dow Warrior

Edit: i found a post on dakkadakka with pictures of the board [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/480/616055.page"]http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/480/616055.page[/URL]
    Last edited by Sh4dow Warrior; 09-07-2015 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Found pics

The comments about Space Wolves give me hope with them. They got seriously out of hand in 40K, and Logan's sled was a true jumping-the-shark moment. As much as it'd mean I can't use some models I've bought and converted, I wouldn't mind them redoing the Space Wolves to retcon Thunderwolves, that sled, and the WOLVES EVERYWHERE!!!! iconography, and get them back into something more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    The comments about Space Wolves give me hope with them. They got seriously out of hand in 40K, and Logan's sled was a true jumping-the-shark moment. As much as it'd mean I can't use some models I've bought and converted, I wouldn't mind them redoing the Space Wolves to retcon Thunderwolves, that sled, and the WOLVES EVERYWHERE!!!! iconography, and get them back into something more interesting.
    This x100... I played Space Wolves back in 4th (or was it 5th) because I was really interested in Norse mythology and I like Wolves. Just starting back in the game and looked at the Space Wolves and went: this is just stupid. The sled was the worse part and upon seeing that the Wolves sealed themselves as my least favorite chapter... I was ok when the HQ could bring a wolf companion and some icons, but they just went too far...

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Me too. I've nicknamed my Space Wolves force "It's Not Lupus" as I try to get around all the little silly wolfy bits. Frustrating, as Thunderwolves are everything Terminators should be and aren't, but it's the price I pay for actually liking my army.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast