BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Web Roster Creator for 40K

Hi guys,

A friend of mine and I wanted to learn some web development techniques and I love 40K so we decided to create a web roster creator.

It is pretty (we believe) and has a lot of pictures. The design is simple and provides an easy to look at roster, including a simplified text roster version.

Doesn't handle a lot of the unit/upgrade restrictions so you need your codex if you don't want to give all your tactical marines plasma guns for example. It is not meant to replace the codices.

Hope you guys enjoy it and... tell me what you think: [url=http://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator]Web Roster Creator[/url]

This is kind of perfect... Detailed, intuitive, easy to use, attractive to look at. Perfect.

Be prepared for GW to close you down. Hard.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Battle-Brother

Thank you man.

If they say something we will put down the site. Hope they don't.

Chaplain

It's quite lovely - but I don't see an option for Chaos Space Marines. Will you be adding them?

It does not seem very friendly with touchscreens tho.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bubonicus View Post
    It's quite lovely - but I don't see an option for Chaos Space Marines. Will you be adding them?
    I add new codices when they come out. There is Khorne Daemonkin. Adding a codex is not an easy job so I do not add the ones that are probably going to be obsolete soon...ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaldin View Post
    It does not seem very friendly with touchscreens tho.
    Hmm... I have no problems on my tablet. What kind of issues do you see?

Using a Surface Pro 3, Windows 10, Microsoft Edge.

I can't drag the unit boxes to the center. I can click on them, but that is about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reepy View Post
    If they say something we will put down the site. Hope they don't.
    Likewise.

Been having bags of fun with this.

I really like the fact it saves the information as a notepad document; I wonder if there might be some way to save it as a .JPEG once you're done, for ease of printing out? Or something along those lines...
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Thaldin View Post
    Using a Surface Pro 3, Windows 10, Microsoft Edge.

I can't drag the unit boxes to the center. I can click on them, but that is about it.
    Hmm... Weird. Maybe it's the browser. Don't have such a device so I cannot check what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Likewise.

Been having bags of fun with this.

I really like the fact it saves the information as a notepad document; I wonder if there might be some way to save it as a .JPEG once you're done, for ease of printing out? Or something along those lines...
    I am thinking of ways to do something like that. I am considering PDF or something but have to research.

Reepy, be willing to help ya out and do a share or something with you so you can see what I am talking about if you are curious. If not, no worries =)

- - - Updated - - -

Other feedback, now that I'm playing with it more... the ability to rename a unit would be awesome for customization.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast