BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Is Sgt Garadon a worthwhile option?

Like the post asks, is it worth shoving a PF and BP on one of my tactical IF sgt's to use as Garadon? My personal thought is that PF is a liability more than anything, but do his specialities make up for the handicap?

Thanks in advance.

JB
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Damn, I've been keeping an eye on this as I wanted to know the answer myself, but no one who knows more about actually playing 40k than myself has commented.

For what it is worth, a 75pt upgrade for a Captain without Independent Character in a Tactical squad can't be that bad can it? Especially when he comes with 30pts of upgrades as part of his profile. He does make his squad a HQ choice rather than a Troops choice, but there is nothing that changes it from being a Tactical squad, so you could still use his squad in a Battle Company. Which is decent I think.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    Damn, I've been keeping an eye on this as I wanted to know the answer myself, but no one who knows more about actually playing 40k than myself has commented.

For what it is worth, a 75pt upgrade for a Captain without Independent Character in a Tactical squad can't be that bad can it? Especially when he comes with 30pts of upgrades as part of his profile. He does make his squad a HQ choice rather than a Troops choice, but there is nothing that changes it from being a Tactical squad, so you could still use his squad in a Battle Company. Which is decent I think.
    Trouble is that power fist, if (and he likely will) he gets challenged he pretty much has to accept or die alongside his troops without doing anything. And since most things in the 40k universe are quicker than him.... Game over since he doesn't have EW to save him. I'm still looking into buying some marines just so I can lose the fists and axes from my Ultramarine sergeants.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Surely most enemies that can ID him are also using I1 weaponry or are melee walkers and MCs? He would mulch most other squad sergeants and the like. Quick characters with AP3 would be the biggest threat in challenges. Adding an IC to the squad like a chaplain would offset the challenge issue somewhat, at least for a turn whilst Garadon punches something to death.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.