BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Finished Dark Eldar Wraithknight

Finally based the thing and painted the details.

AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chaplain

Very cool! The only suggestion that I have is that the cloth needs something to break it visually off the body on bit more, maybe it works better in real life, but I'm loosing the shape of the cloth in the leg and body.
    C'est la vie. C'est l'amour. Cela est une pomme de terre.

Looks awesome, great pose and I love the concept of a Dark Eldar Wraithknight. Did you sculpt the skull half of the face or is it from another model? If so which one?

No, I sculpted it.

Used Milliput - got the general shape I wanted, then smoothed it down with a scalpel when it had hardened the next day.

Nice work.)

Chapter-Master

the mask is really amazing
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Initiate

Looks sick dude. The sculpting is super well done. I was just starting a wraithknight with a scythe for a corsair army. This has given me a few great ideas. Scibor sells some "elven plates" that I was going to use for the back fins though. Did you add the blade onto the cannon so it can act as either/or?

Actually, the right arm's magnetised, so I can field it as either/or anyway. I just haven't painted up the sword arm yet.

I did the scythe because my central idea was a bit complicated. My main Eldar army is [url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/entry.php?8540-Warhammer-40-000-Campaign-The-Kepler-Covenant-Part-7-The-Lemarchand-Kabal]a Dark Eldar one[/url], as I'm not a huge fan of Craftworld Eldar. The theme for my army is the Cenobites from 'Hellraiser' + Eldar necromancy - [url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?50263-Rogue-Trader-Away-Team-and-Grotesques]lots of Grotesques[/url] and [url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?37883-Ghost-Warriors]Wraithguard[/url]. The idea is that the Eldar faction is lead by a Spiritseet who's gone dancing off the deep end, and thrown his lot in with my army's general, [url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?35667-The-Voivodol]The Voivodol[/url]. The Wraithknight is therefore his Grand Design - a living incarnation of Ynnitach, the Eldar God of Death.

Hence the Scythe.

Basically, it's a horror-themed Eldar army, rather than the bright colours you normally get.

It's also the reason behind the freehand on the Wraithknight's skirts - it's the same patterning as on the sides of the Lemarchand Configuration from 'Hellraiser'.

Pics of my other Eldar:

Insane Spiritseer:

The Voivodol:

Ghost Warriors:

Grotesques:
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 12-15-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Chapter-Master

nice grotesques, where have I seen that conversion before? hmm
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I think everyone does that conversion, don't they?

You know, unless they're doing this one:

Have I mentioned that Grotesques are pretty much my favorite thing across the whole of the Eldar/Dark Eldar army list?

Because they are, they really are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast