BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Glad to see the A-Wing getting more love these days! First Rebels, now Episode VIII.
    Well, it is a light fighter and fairly easy to build. I loved flying it in X-Wing most of the time, but the X-Wing's Torpedoes were just needed too often to want to replace them. Now, if I could have ship choice and Warhead choice for them like in Tie Figher...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    How does it compare to Spartacus, one of my guilty pleasures?
    I was discussing this at work today and it could really be a sequel to Spartacus (it is more realistic and better acted though) as it starts with Juilius Ceasar finalising he conquest of Gaul and returning to Rome to capitalise on his notoriety. Certainly wouldn't be classed as a guilty pleasure though it's serious stuff.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    How does it compare to Spartacus, one of my guilty pleasures?
    Haven't seen 'Spartacus', so can't comment.

As I say, the closest thing to it is 'Game of Thrones'; it shares quite a lot of the same production crew. If you've got even the slightest interest in ancient Rome, I'd say that it's pretty much the definitive TV series. There's a lot of layering. You've got Pullo, who's the audience POV character for the Roman working classes. Then there's Lucius Vorenus, his commanding officer (and later, through a series of F**KAWESOME adventures, his blood brother) who's very middle class indeed, and the audience POV into the lives of the better off Roman classes. Then there's the family of the Julii, who've got Atia, who is basically one of the greatest antivillains in TV history. Every moment she's on screen, she's magnificent. Finally, there's Caesar himself, who is every bit as noble/monstrous as he should be.

It's masterful, masterful stuff and I cannot recommend it enough.

AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Yup Rome was a masterpiece, so disappointing it only got two seasons and a very rushed season 2 at that.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

I think HBO got themselves into a spot of financial bother at the time. It would seem their creative genius exceeded their available cash flow. The creatively brilliant but crippingly expensive Deadwood was being produced at the same time. It would seem like they just needed to cut costs so the really expensive productions took the hit so bye bye Rome and Deadwood. It's a crying shame but the way with money making organisations.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

The good shows die early but The Simpsons lives on...

Rome looks pretty solid, though. I think I'll try and grab a DVD some time, as my internet connection is atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    I'm a big fan of the clone ARC-170 myself. It just has an awesome silhouette.
    That is a brutal bugger, cool precursor to the X-Wing.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	18185
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I don't get it?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Sailor Jakku

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness