BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    While I have no problem with your attitude towards the game I feel compelled to point out that all the problems you have in your last paragraph (big powerful stuff, fnp etc) ALL those exist in 30K so whats the difference? Tons of stuff in 30K can get fnp. They allow superheavies in an average game and supply many ways to re roll failed morale. Also, the weapons are ridiculous, volkite is crazy good and a deredeo is downright mean.
    They also use the exact same rules for the main game with only the Foc and minor differences here n there. I have a hard time wrapping my head around when people claim they are different as night n day when its more like apples and gold plated expensive apples.
    So what's the difference?

And Cuz this is the interwebz: im not "comin at you bro'ing" or anything, just asking.
    Im not claiming the two are very different at all. I play neither anymore (like daboarder i would play 4th ed with 3rd/4th dexs).
    My little group find that 30k is more clear cut and consistent in its army composition than 40k, which allows them to plough their cash into it.
    Its been clear to me for a few years now that my days of feeding GW my hard earned dosh are over and will probably never return.
    I like to spend my hobby time and limited cash on games that reward me for my tactics and thought, not reward me for spending a veritable **** ton of cash on the latest model which gives me the ability to roll 36 d6 with re rolls per turn and has five special rules to stop it carping it.
    Which ever way you cut it, the more dice you roll the less control you have of the outcome. When i wargame i never need so many dice to resolve a single units turn, the dice are there to add a random element to the result of my choices. Now GW have become obsessed with adding dozens of random elements to each phase of each units turn, thus my choices are made with far less influence to the game. I wargame because I want to influence the outcome of the game. "Hey didnt i do well!" Not "Hey look how many dice and how many special rules my new unit has!"

Chaplain

Fair nuff. I was thinking you were on board with yer buddies and doin it how they were.
    Yeah 30K foc is pretty good at evening things up. Every dice game ive ever played usually goes along the lines of "he who rolls the most dice wins!" so Im on the fence on that wnd of it. Thanks for answering

No problem. It's nice to voice my opinion and have it rationally questioned on a forum, then elaborate on it and not be shouted down.
    cheers bud

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456