BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Could use help with this list 2500 pts Dark Elves

Hi,
    I am new to this forum and the first thing I wanted to post was my Army list which I made for a tournament.
    The tournament will be held in 3-4 weeks but I need an army list until next week.
    There will be a lot of cheesy lists in the tournament (cheesy vamps, demons and other dark elves).

So heres my list:
    Lord
    - Cold One
    - PoK
    - Caledors Bane
    - Potion of Strength

Master BSB
    - Dark Steed
    - Heavy Armour
    - Shield
    - Sea Dragon Cloak
    - Hydra Banner

Sorceress lvl 2
    2x Scroll

Sorceress lvl 2
    2x Scroll

Assassin
    - Add. Handweapon
    - Rending Stars
    - Manbane

Assassin
    - Add. Handweapon
    - Rune of Khaine
    - Touch of Death
    - Black Lotus

10 Crossbowmen

10 Crossbowmen

5 Dark Riders, Musician

5 Shades, GW, Light Armour

5 Cold One Knights, Full Command

14 Black Guard, Full Command, Ring of Hotek, Standard of Hag Graef

2 Hydras

The Assassin with the rending stars will be going into the shade unit, while the other one goes with the Black Guard. The BSB will go with the Black Guard too, but can also go into one of the Knight Units. The Sorceresses go in one Crossbowmen unit each.

What do you think? I could realy use your help
    Last edited by Christian; 04-07-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum and the first thing I wanted to post was my Army list which I made for a tournament.
    The tournament will be held in 3-4 weeks but I need an army list until next week.
    There will be a lot of cheesy lists in the tournament (cheesy vamps, demons and other dark elves).

So heres my list:
    Lord
    - Cold One
    - PoK
    - Caledors Bane
    - Potion of Strength

Master BSB
    - Dark Steed
    - Heavy Armour
    - Shield
    - Sea Dragon Cloak
    - Hydra Banner

Sorceress lvl 2
    2x Scroll

Sorceress lvl 2
    2x Scroll

Assassin
    - Add. Handweapon
    - Rending Stars
    - Manbane

Assassin
    - Add. Handweapon
    - Rune of Khaine
    - Touch of Death
    - Black Lotus

10 Crossbowmen

10 Crossbowmen

5 Dark Riders, Musician

5 Shades, GW, Light Armour

2 Hydras

The Assassin with the rending stars will be going into the shade unit, while the other one goes with the Black Guard. The BSB will go with the Black Guard too, but can also go into one of the Knight Units. The Sorceresses go in one Crossbowmen unit each.

What do you think? I could realy use your help
    Where's your black guard?

I think you're making a mistake concentrated on defensive magic, drop the 4 scrolls.

You're really missing the strengths of the DE in this list. A standard soft dwarf list would tear this apart.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Sorry my bad. Forgott them.
    What do you mean with the main strength.
    Should I maybe add another Unit of Spearmen if I take out the Scrolls?

Brother-Captain

Ah Sorry I was short on time when I made my last post.

DE are probably the best army in the game right now. They have the ability to dominate every phase in the game, and pretty handily too! However there strengths are not defensive, stocking up on defensive magic doesn't benfit them terribly - as is this game favors the aggressor (and I'm a long time dwarf player telling you this!)

I know its standard kit, but you really want harpies in this army. Cheap flyers who can march block and take out soft targets.

CoK's - I think you'd be better off dropping one unit and buffying the other unit up to 6 or 7, don't take the FC unless you're planning on taking a magic banner, like Mr 3d combat rez.

I think one socrerss with a ring of hotec, hanging around with some fast cav, get up on make those other casters beg.
    Drop 1 Socress, and take a hag with a coldron. The couldron is amazing and adds a great deal of flexabilty to your list

2 Assassines? I think more fast cav, or black guard would be a better option or even 15 corsars with hand bows. One assassine usuually gets the job done, and he can leave the unit once he's been revealed.

2 Hydra's are great but they will be expected. I personally perfer 1 and 2 bolt throwers, but that's just preference.

Thanks for your fast answer.
    I would love to add all the stuff you said but im a out of money at the moment.
    And this shouldn't be a defensive army. I would strike the enemy as early as i can.
    For the CoKs I think your right, but I had some comments on other websites (like druchii.net) that I should take two of 5.
    I am using the scrolls to defend myself against bloody vamp and deamon magic. Maybe I can drop two of them and see that I can get a unit of spearmen inside the army.

Brother-Captain

Thanks for your fast answer.
    I would love to add all the stuff you said but im a out of money at the moment.
    And this shouldn't be a defensive army. I would strike the enemy as early as i can.
    For the CoKs I think your right, but I had some comments on other websites (like druchii.net) that I should take two of 5.
    I am using the scrolls to defend myself against bloody vamp and deamon magic. Maybe I can drop two of them and see that I can get a unit of spearmen inside the army.
    No worries work with what you've got then.

You list will still work, but you'll need to kill vamp casters asap. You don't want to get into a war of attitrion with VC.

If you had to drop one thing, I think the 2nd assassin is the least needed - trading him for 2 units of harpies would be very much worth while, or failing that a 2nd unit of fast cav.

Sorry to disappoint you but I only have 7 Dark Riders and no Harpies. But if you want I can make a list of the other stuff I have.

Brother-Captain

Sorry to disappoint you but I only have 7 Dark Riders and no Harpies. But if you want I can make a list of the other stuff I have.
    Oh, well, it was just a thought. Fear not! Just trust your experience and use what you know!
    After all internet advise can often lead to everyone playing the same (boring) list.
    DE have a lot of solid options, and your current set up isn't terrible by any means.

Thank you very much. I hope I can make the most of it.

OK heres a list of what models I have. Maybe there is something I can exchange in the list. I dont have money to buy new models.

2 Sorceresses
    1 Dreadlord on CO
    1 Master on Foot (BSB)
    1 Master on Dark Steed (BSB)
    1 Sorceress on CO
    2 Assassins

around 30 Spearmen
    30 Crossbowmen
    20 Corsaires (not painted)
    6 Dark Riders

15 Black Guard
    10 CoK