BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

I think with what you have and what you using you have a solid theme. Most of your army is designed to punch of the enemies throat.
    I'd like to see another block to support the black guard, and corsairs aren't bad at all (the armour piercing banner can really make then nasty), but I'm not sure what you'd have to trade out to get them in your list.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

I could downgrade a sorceress to lvl 1... That give me 35 points but less magick offense, which I will not need that much. But then...?

Brother-Captain

Nah, then you'd be going half way on both magic offense and defense.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Why defense. Either way, ill only get one DP.
    Damm what else do I not need????!!!

Ok heres a list someone reccomended to me:

Deployment should take opponent and terrain in consideration.
    It is very hard to decide that on advance.
    But here are a valid option with army something like this.
    Mainly to get better value of RoH, Lord ld and BsB use them central.

Lord
    -HeavyArmour of ES
    - rest of Mundane amour
    - Cold One
    - RoH
    - Caledors Bane

Master BSB
    -Lance
    - Cold One
    - Heavy Armour
    - Shield
    - Sea Dragon Cloak
    - Hydra Banner

Sorceror Lv1
    -2 dispell scrolls (You might want to take away sorceror and get more models instead)

Assassin (With BG)
    - Add. Handweapon
    - Rune of Khaine
    - Manbane

Assassin (With Warriors)
    - Add. Handweapon
    - Rune of Khaine
    - Manbane

5 Dark Riders

10 Crossbowmen

10 Crossbowmen

20 Warriors FC +Warbanner

5 Shades

5 Cold One Knights FC

5 Cold One Knights FC

20 Black Guard FC + Standard of Hag Graef

2 Hydras

Deployment
    Hydra BG+A Knights+L BsB+Knights Warrior+A Hydra
    Sorceror and both units of crossbowmen as central as possible behind the Knights moving 5" after knights first turns, they should then have a good place to be able to shoot at oppoents and protection from RoH, move them when neccessary.
    Dont cast spells with sorceror untill out of RoH sphere.
    Shades in good scout place
    Dark Riders start in cover if possible or behind other troops since they fragile
    and then fast move with 18" to threat asap warmachines or mislead or block.
    Always position characters toward center of field to maximize their sphere of influence.

Regardless of deployment what is vital is to attack in support when needed.
    Use Hydras breath to soften up enemies when needed especially with assassins and BG since they have ASF.
    Try get Hydras in Flank of enemies while breathing then if you got opportunity charge them from 2 sides.
    Against good oppoents that wont work then charge with 2 of your units in support at one of his to crush them.
    Easier said than done however against good opponents but training gives experience.
    Have patience during test battles, try to see whats good and whats not.
    Good luck
    What do you think. I think there is something in there which I could use. I really don't like giving away a sorceress, it will lower my magic defense. And i acctually wanted one assassin with rending stars in my shade unit. I really have to see about it. I will have some test games today and will test the lists.

I had a testgame today, against demons, but lost.
    The player (he also plays dark elves) told me I should take out the Cold One Knights, add another crossbowmen unit and add some Spearmen and an Assassin.

I thought of taking away the BSB and making the two 5 men CoK into a unit of 7 CoK and then add another Crossbowmen unit.

Ah why do I always have to have bad luck...!!! Well I had a game against Skaven today and it went well only to the end. Only the black guard survived. I played with this list:

Lord: 285
    - Cold One
    - Full Mundane Armour
    - Pendant of Khaeleth
    - Caledors Bane
    - Potion of Strength

Sorceress lvl 1: 150
    - 2 Dispell Scroll
    Sorceress lvl 1: 150
    - 2 Dispell scroll

Master: 176
    - Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak
    - Great Weapon
    - BSB
    - Ring of Darkness

10 Crossbowmen: 100

10 Crossbowmen: 100

10 Crossbowmen:100

5 Dark Riders, RxB: 110

5 Shades, GW: 90

9 Cold One Knights, Banner, Champion, Null Talisman, War Banner: 325

14 Black Guard, FC: 277
    - Ring of Hotek
    - Banner of Hag Graef

Assassin, Add. Handw. Rending Stars, Manbane: 151

Assassin, add Hadw., Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death: 151

2 Hydras: 350

I know now, that I have to little magic defense. So I actually want to take away some stuff. First I thought of removing the ring of darkness of the BSB and give him three null shards for the same price. That means every Unit he is in has MR3. Then I wanted to change the Potion of Strength into two Null Shards for my Lord. Problem is then, that he will be week once in the second round of combat. What do you think?

I'm checking back after not looking at this thread in a while, and you went from a list that is way under powered to a list that is way over powered, but if the goal is to compete with cheese, you're all set.

You could make the list about 30% better by losing a unit of x-bows and a sorc for a cauldron and more black guard.

Being able to assign KB to either hydra and the BG make them so much better. +1 attack goes great on the knights or the BG. With the 5+ ward on the BG (and having more of them) you may not need to ring of darkness either, which would allow you to make your BSB somewhat defended. Regen armor and soul render maybe...

The cauldron would also allow you to put manbane back on your KB assassin, but if you do keep him with KB, at least give him the re-roll 1's to wound poison so you're not wasting 6's to hit. You could really replace it with any of the poisons, but don't leave the regular one on him.

Also, the lance on the lord is a mistake. You would be better off with crimson death. You don't really need the shield, but you do need to be able to win in subsequent rounds of CC.

Make those changes and winning should get much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I know now, that I have to little magic defense. So I actually want to take away some stuff. First I thought of removing the ring of darkness of the BSB and give him three null shards for the same price. That means every Unit he is in has MR3. Then I wanted to change the Potion of Strength into two Null Shards for my Lord. Problem is then, that he will be week once in the second round of combat. What do you think?
    Also, you're looking the wrong direction. You have too much defense. 3 dice, 2 scrolls, and the ring should be plenty. You should be zipping across the board into combat. Sure you might lose some units to a Slaan or a Grey Seer, but you're supposed to.

The cauldron will make sure what you have left hits like a ton of bricks when it gets there. +1 attack on the shades with a flank charge isn't bad as a tool either.

The problem is that I dont have a cauldron and I cant get one because I dont have enough money. That is why I brought in the x-bows. If I would have the money I would buy one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast