BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

games workshop are far more about the buisness now than the hobby. they used to accept that they id not produce everything you need/want for your models and even included some pictures of other peoples converted kits in their books (WD compendium) but now they have an incredibly narrow view about the hobby and want to be completely separate from anything else anything like them.

i miss pound shop trucks as battlewagons

Aldramelech, Ryga's Roughnecks by any chance?

Librarian

I can totally understand using non-GW.

I've heard a lot of bad-mouthing that applies to ork stuff. The reality is that unless you started with orks in the last year or two, many models WEREN'T supported, and things that were, were as ugly as crap (I'm talking about you, Gorgamorka/3rd ed. trukk and 2nd ed. warbuggy!). For a decade, ork players made their own stuff however they could, why should they be told now that it's not appropriate from them to keep playing with their toys.

If GW based their IG tanks of 1920's-1930's Soviet and French tanks, then someone using a B1 should fit right in. I plan on modifying a Tiger for my Doom Legion, with a Marine standing on the back deck, firing a pintle-mounted lascannon; with a forward hullmounted lascannon.
    The Tiger is just a fearsome looking tank, I love it, and will find some way of putting it in.

For tournament games, I have no problem with non-GW models as long as:

1. They are approximately the same size and shape as the model they are meant to represent.
    2. They are WYSIWYG and appropriately converted and/or built to look "40K-ish".
    3. They have a nice paint job.

Just plopping down a green plastic army men jeep doesn't do it for me.

Of course in friendly games, list tuning games or other special situations they are fine. As long as we all know that upside down plastic cup is a Carnifex and my 20oz pop bottle is a drop pod who cares?

My .02.

Quote Originally Posted by Col.Gravis View Post
    Aldramelech, Ryga's Roughnecks by any chance?
    Exmouth Imperials

My Psyker battle squad is 9 non-GW models and a Commissar as a custodian. I think it makes for an interesting and unique unit. and as long as you don't go overboard I don't see a problem. I still run 99% GW models.

Here is the model I used as my Psykers. I was going for a creepy F.E.A.R./ the Ring thing, A little bit of psychological warfare for you.

[URL="http://armorcast.com/store/images/a039rose.jpg"]http://armorcast.com/store/images/a039rose.jpg[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Exmouth Imperials
    Ah yes Exeter Inquisition here, must get in contact with you guys sometime before the years out, we're arranging inter-club tournaments with various South West clubs, played Rygas, making arrangements with Dice & Dagger from Stratton.

Quote Originally Posted by Col.Gravis View Post
    Ah yes Exeter Inquisition here, must get in contact with you guys sometime before the years out, we're arranging inter-club tournaments with various South West clubs, played Rygas, making arrangements with Dice & Dagger from Stratton.
    You the guys at the shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Revolution View Post
    Here is the model I used as my Psykers. I was going for a creepy F.E.A.R./ the Ring thing, A little bit of psychological warfare for you.

Dude that is an awesome model. I would have no problems at all playing against that unit. Bonus points for making the unit unique!

Thanks. My buddy hates them he always says he feels bad taking a chainsword to a little girl. But I explode his stuff with MIND BULLETS!

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast