BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

I've ran one or two tournaments and thankfully haven't had to turn anyone away for having a non-gw models in their army. I operate the same rule as my local store does, 75% of your model has to be GW and that's the same with the army. I tend to be more lenient towards IG and Orks as there are many different patterns but as long as

On a personal level, in pick-up games and the like as long as they look better than the GW model that's ok and are absolutely like the models they're representing. Things like the avatar of war miniatures and other high quality models are good with me.

Welshman

Veteran-Sergeant

I have no problem with proxying, as long as the models look to scale (ie no micromachine tanks) and there is some conversion work to make it look "40kish" For example, on tanks, lob the weapons off and use a lascannon that might be left over, or make a lascannon. As long as it matches scale, and looks convincingly 40k, I'm good.
    Last edited by ChaosLord127; 07-31-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Initiate

Default To be honest

I've seen much, much worse in my time, but then i do hail from the Rogue Trader era, when even GW encourged you to make hover-tanks for Imperial forces out of stick deodorant...

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=&aId=6700007[/url]

I also have no real issue with 40k-alike 28mm figs such as Void or Pig Iron, especially standing in for IG regiments.
    Last edited by thirdman; 07-31-2009 at 12:10 PM.

I don't have a problem with the good ones, such as Pig Iron, but I wouldn't play against plastic army men (atleast not with my GW minis).

Default Non-GW models

I thought there was a general rule that a model must be 50% GW to be legal, or is that just a local 'rule' at our store?

I use some figures from Heresy Miniatures as Plaguebearers in my Death Guard army... so far, no one's had a problem with it. I've yet to enter a tournament though... would these not be allowed?

Default hmmm.

yeah that is pretty bad... the paint job is nice though. I see no problem with using 1 or 2 as stated above as special characters. I use a non-GW model for a female inquistor as the GW ones are pretty bad..

I remember being poor yet still wanting to to be able to use tanks and armor. I started the same this guy did, I took old models tossed something 40k on it and away I went. Eventually this lead to converting and kitbashing, building out of cereal box or plastcard, pretty much anything that was available. But you know if A**holes like many of the people here told me how crappy my stuff was I would have probably given up long ago and left the hobby, actually prolly not because I really don't care what others think, but I feel sorry for the kid who posts up something he kit bash's so he can start learning like everyone else and he gets reply's like the ones I've read here.

Thanks for ruining my first day in the "Lounge"

OT:
    - If I'm in a GW store I expect to play against painted GW Mini's. They don't have to be finished, but as long as it looks like your trying it's cool
    -If it's at the LGS, I'll play against anything even a Coke bottle DP as long as it looks like your progressing on your army and it's not the same as it was a year ago.
    -At home, well I only invite friends over so I really don't care what you bring in your army as long as there's a beer in there somewhere.
    Last edited by Marshal Argos; 07-31-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

If somebody is going to be a irritating about me using a few Microart studio minatures in my ad-mech army, then I will certainly not play with you. GW just does not have sufficent Ad-mech stuff available.

Some people try, but we're not perfect.

Also, if you jump down someones throat becouse they took the time to modify the Wargames factory British colonials so they carry guard issue lasguns, instead of buying the few praetorians on the web, then that just makes you someone I would not want in my gaming group.

i'm fine with it cause i myself want to get some dinosaurs and use them as marine bikes or something (all that matters to me is the dinosaurs) dinosaurs are so cool especially for steeds

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast