BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Evil Midnight Bomber

Plus, Dark Angels have that...y'know... secret thing going on.

Went to the FLGS this evening and hooked up with a couple of local BFG players. I told them of the meager fleets I had managed to put together and it looks like some capital ship combat is on the honizon. Yay!

Now...enough about me, back to the topic at hand.

I'm thinking ThePov is correct: Dark Angels wouldn't relinquish command willingly to an IN fleet, admiral, grand admiral, or any other rank you want to pull out. The only Imperial service I could see them "submitting" to would be the Inquisition...and even then I'm pretty sure it would be a careful dance of diplomacy and threats to get the DA to go along with it (especially when you add in the whole Fallen Angels business).

So with that in mind, I'd say SM BB with MotF is the way to go if you're wanting to stick to your fluff (which I'm pretty sure you've already decided you're going to do).

Wow, I typed all that and just now realized I could have typed in, "What he said," and said pretty muich the same thing. Sheesh.
    Oh lord I've got 'em, I've got the...
    ...it's a blog. Read it!

If you are using the Armageddon fleet rules, surely you need to have 2 commanders? One for the Marines and one for the IN.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Horus Aximand View Post
    If you are using the Armageddon fleet rules, surely you need to have 2 commanders? One for the Marines and one for the IN.
    Nope, if you're using an Armageddon list, you can have two Admirals, but are not required to. The restrictions are that you can only have a MotF if you have a Battlebarge, and he must be stationed on the barge. Likewise, if you take an IN Admiral, he can only be on an Imperial Navy ship, never on a Space Marine ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaar View Post
    Nope, if you're using an Armageddon list, you can have two Admirals, but are not required to. The restrictions are that you can only have a MotF if you have a Battlebarge, and he must be stationed on the barge. Likewise, if you take an IN Admiral, he can only be on an Imperial Navy ship, never on a Space Marine ship.
    Aah! Thank's for clearing that up, Kaar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaar View Post

actually you only have to stick him in a battle barge if you take a battle barge

if the problem is that you dont want to take a battle barge yet dont want to make the fleet look too IN then i suggest dropping the emperor class and usisng a mars class as your flag and use the extra points on more marines ships

the only issue is the relative lack of range but as someone mentioned above ranged wb arent as good as they appear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12