BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Fly Lord

Default January 9th - Age of Sigmar Dwarfs Arrive

via Warseer's[URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?415402-Dwarves-in-2016-leaked-sprue&p=7585063&viewfull=1#post7585063"] Archibald_TK[/URL] 12-27-2015
    Got next week WD early (the one with the new stater boxes, that are as crazy as what was rumoured). Hint at the end of the WD shall translate to "The eternal quest for ur-gold begins" or something like that.

Note the confirmation of the "$85 Getting started with XX" bundle deals!

via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?415402-Dwarves-in-2016-leaked-sprue/page9"]Archibald_TK[/URL] 1-2-2015

New releases:

Fyreslayers Hearthguard (5 miniatures) - 33€ 25£ 40$
    Slayers with shorter beards with what looks like shooting weapons, greataxes or some sort of flail halberd.

Fyreslayer Vulkite Berserkers (10 miniatures) - 45€ 35£ 60$
    Slayers with dual axes, or a bladed shield coupled with an axe or pickaxe.

Fyreslayer Auric Runemaster (1 model) 23€ 18£ 30$
    This is not the one we saw on the sprue, that one carries some sort of brazero staff and he... he... he has no mustache!

SURPRISE! The WD shows the models that have yet to be released everywhere. I find the new giant salamander to be absolutely gorgeous. IMO in term of design they take models like the slaughterbrute, break them in half, throw the parts into an incinerator and bury the ashes 3 feet under.

For those wondering, Fyreslayers use the Ur-Gold to create runes over their own body. I have no time to actually read the WD but I'll come back later if there is anything interesting. I think that army design is a success.

The way the scales are done, especially on the head, they kind of remind me of the demon/dragon design I would expect from Japanese or Korean video games. (multiple horns, heavily segmented horns instead of a smooth single piece).

There are two models, one carry some sort of Runemaster on a throne (which alas I find looks like he has a broom up his...), the other a lord with some awesome weapons, some actually designed long enough that the dwarf can hit something smaller than a Carnosaur with it.

Keywords are Order, Duardin, Fyreslayers.
    via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?415402-Dwarves-in-2016-leaked-sprue&p=7587548&viewfull=1#post7587548"]Archibald_TK[/URL] 1-2-2015

A few more nuggets of info from the WD:
    - Fyreslayers are born from the fight between Grimnir and Vulcatrix.
    - Fyreslayers believe that in Ur-Gold resides the essence of Grimnir, their shattered God.
    - Ur-Gold is magical. There is a funny rule when you play a Runemaster where your opponent chooses one of his units as carrying some gold, and thanks to it said unit can reroll all 1 to wound. But better not let the Runemaster get close enough and realize you are carrying the gold or the Fyreslayers will go all chop chop on you.
    - When they insert Ur-Gold runes in their flesh, their God's energy starts flowing through their vein. This lead to things like being surrounded by flames, striking harder, more resilient skin (I suppose that's why they have 5+ save).

This is how each of their chapters is organized:
    - Chapter mast.. no wait what am I saying? I mean Auric Runefather.
    - Below that is the Auric Runemaster (the one in the WD)
    - Auric Runesmiters
    - Grimwrath Berzerkers
    - Auric Runesons
    - Hearthguard Berzerkers and Auric Hearthguard (the ones in the WD)
    - Battlesmiths
    - Vulkite Berzerkers (the ones in the WD)

PS- They're not actually called Chapters as you already guessed, but I don't know how to translate the real name in English.

...More seriously, you have to keep in mind that these models are very naked, and you know that GW always has issues when doing muscles and they are no exception. But considering they didn't go all Rob Liefield on them and considering the positive reaction people had regarding the new Blood Marauders replacements (whatever they are called) I expect the Fyreslayers design will be well received.

The huge salamander looking monster are 100% new models and are featured heavily in the next WD. They're not simple cavalry, they're large monsters in the same category as a Carnosaur.

Thought they are not actually slayers at all, they have their traditional look. Normal flesh, orange hair (but they show other models with dark hairs). Flames only appear on a few specific items. One recurring item they carry is the key. In fact one of the weapons carried by a lizard rider looks like what would happen if you were to turn a Keyblade into a halberd.

PS-
    Thought I constantly called them salamanders, I have actually no idea what the big monsters will be called. If it's in the WD I've yet to read it.

They all are helmeted. Usually the part at the top of the helmet where the hairs "burst out" is shaped like a dragon head. Between the helmet and how much they are naked they kind of give a small "300" vibe.
    Last edited by Bigred; 01-03-2016 at 12:32 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

STUNTIES!

Happy, fighty, drunken, bearded STUNTIES!

Woooooooo!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

what rumoured starter boxes are these?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Red Slayers, I've been wanting to see the dwarfs since I read about them, they sound very interesting and it's about damn time they showed us models for something other than stormcast and chaos. Is there any artwork of them out there? MrMystery you should know since you buy those lore books they've putting out, anything in those?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    what rumoured starter boxes are these?
    They are like battleforcey type sets that have the intent of "getting you started" : [url]http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/pre-orders-this-week.html[/url]
    To be fair, some of them do look to have decent discounts like the Tau one especially.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Very little about the Duardin, but they are mentioned here and there.

I'm interested to see how the 'good guys' work together. As tempting as it must be to relegate the Stormcast to Space Marine style strikes at the head of the beast, I don't see many Dwarfs willingly giving up that honour.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I really hope we get a proper release rather than a rebox, like the lizards were.
    But I'm not confident. I don't see how the dwarves will fit into the new style and scaling.
    I thought the last dwarf releases were small even by dwarf standards, they look completely out of scale next to the new varangaurd or even a blight King .
    Maybe there's a rabbit about to be pulled out of the hat...we shall see.

By the way, let's call them what they are shall we...dwarves.
    Lizardmen, elves and dwarves. We needn't give in to stupidity even if GW have.

Fly Lord

via Archibald_TK 1-2-2015

New releases:

Fyreslayers Hearthguard (5 miniatures) - 33€ 25£ 40$
    Slayers with shorter beards with what looks like shooting weapons, greataxes or some sort of flail halberd.

Fyreslayer Vulkite Berserkers (10 miniatures) - 45€ 35£ 60$
    Slayers with dual axes, or a bladed shield coupled with an axe or pickaxe.

Fyreslayer Auric Runemaster (1 model) 23€ 18£ 30$
    This is not the one we saw on the sprue, that one carries some sort of brazero staff and he... he... he has no mustache!

SURPRISE! The WD shows the models that have yet to be released everywhere. I find the new giant salamander to be absolutely gorgeous. IMO in term of design they take models like the slaughterbrute, break them in half, throw the parts into an incinerator and bury the ashes 3 feet under.

For those wondering, Fyreslayers use the Ur-Gold to create runes over their own body. I have no time to actually read the WD but I'll come back later if there is anything interesting. I think that army design is a success.

The way the scales are done, especially on the head, they kind of remind me of the demon/dragon design I would expect from Japanese or Korean video games. (multiple horns, heavily segmented horns instead of a smooth single piece).

There are two models, one carry some sort of Runemaster on a throne (which alas I find looks like he has a broom up his...), the other a lord with some awesome weapons, some actually designed long enough that the dwarf can hit something smaller than a Carnosaur with it.

Keywords are Order, Duardin, Fyreslayers.

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?415402-Dwarves-in-2016-leaked-sprue&p=7587548&viewfull=1#post7587548"]Archibald_TK[/URL] 1-2-2015

A few more nuggets of info from the WD:
    - Fyreslayers are born from the fight between Grimnir and Vulcatrix.
    - Fyreslayers believe that in Ur-Gold resides the essence of Grimnir, their shattered God.
    - Ur-Gold is magical. There is a funny rule when you play a Runemaster where your opponent chooses one of his units as carrying some gold, and thanks to it said unit can reroll all 1 to wound. But better not let the Runemaster get close enough and realize you are carrying the gold or the Fyreslayers will go all chop chop on you.
    - When they insert Ur-Gold runes in their flesh, their God's energy starts flowing through their vein. This lead to things like being surrounded by flames, striking harder, more resilient skin (I suppose that's why they have 5+ save).

This is how each of their chapters is organized:
    - Chapter mast.. no wait what am I saying? I mean Auric Runefather.
    - Below that is the Auric Runemaster (the one in the WD)
    - Auric Runesmiters
    - Grimwrath Berzerkers
    - Auric Runesons
    - Hearthguard Berzerkers and Auric Hearthguard (the ones in the WD)
    - Battlesmiths
    - Vulkite Berzerkers (the ones in the WD)

PS- They're not actually called Chapters as you already guessed, but I don't know how to translate the real name in English.

...More seriously, you have to keep in mind that these models are very naked, and you know that GW always has issues when doing muscles and they are no exception. But considering they didn't go all Rob Liefield on them and considering the positive reaction people had regarding the new Blood Marauders replacements (whatever they are called) I expect the Fyreslayers design will be well received.

The huge salamander looking monster are 100% new models and are featured heavily in the next WD. They're not simple cavalry, they're large monsters in the same category as a Carnosaur.

Thought they are not actually slayers at all, they have their traditional look. Normal flesh, orange hair (but they show other models with dark hairs). Flames only appear on a few specific items. One recurring item they carry is the key. In fact one of the weapons carried by a lizard rider looks like what would happen if you were to turn a Keyblade into a halberd.

PS-
    Thought I constantly called them salamanders, I have actually no idea what the big monsters will be called. If it's in the WD I've yet to read it.

They all are helmeted. Usually the part at the top of the helmet where the hairs "burst out" is shaped like a dragon head. Between the helmet and how much they are naked they kind of give a small "300" vibe.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fyreslayers.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	16866
    Like these guys!
    Last edited by Bigred; 01-03-2016 at 12:34 PM.