BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

I'm planning on getting the Seraphon one if it isn't a limited time offer. Or even if it is but it'll hang around for at least a month, preferably two. (ie I've blown my hobby budget and need to save for it)
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

is the terminator captain new? haven't seen him before
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Scout

Are there any rumors as to when Eldar and/or Dark Eldar might be released? I'd like to get my daughter started with Eldar... On the Warhammer side, I like the Orc beginner set - and the Lizardmen - er - Seraphon...
    Thanks,
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    He's from the "build the entire First Company" bundle-plus-formation from . . . late 2014 maybe? IIRC, there was considerable upset at the time, because the 6th ed Marines codex didn't permit a Terminator Captain to get a Relic Blade.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    He's from the Strike Force Ultra boxed set.

I'm getting the Tau one, it's a damn solid deal and that's a solid starter force in that box. Tbh, if they keep these going they'll clear the shelves, I think. I know plenty of people who are planning on buying one for their faction.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

They need to do Orks, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Chaos Marines and Blood Angels at the least. Space Wolves and Grey Knights don't have a clampack character yet and Dark Angels don't have a tactical squad outside of Dark Vengeance yet (allthough they could do deathwing but I don't think they would personally), not sure if they would do a Harlequins one either. Not sure on Tzeentch and Slaanesh either at least for 40k, perhaps for Sigmar.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 01-06-2016 at 11:52 AM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    They need to do Orks, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Chaos Marines and Blood Angels at the least. Space Wolves and Grey Knights don't have a clampack character yet and Dark Angels don't have a tactical squad outside of Dark Vengeance yet (allthough they could do deathwing but I don't think they would personally), not sure if they would do a Harlequins one either. Not sure on Tzeentch and Slaanesh either at least for 40k, perhaps for Sigmar.
    Space Wolves, they can use use Krom, similar to how they're selling the Bloodstorm BA Captain now.

Dark Angels have a Battleforce box (not the same thing, but basically same concept):

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Angels-Battleforce-2015[/url]

Chapter-Master

krom?

good point on DA though, they will probably give them a miss unless they want to replace that current set.

edit : they might replace it actually, there was a recent-ish space marine battleforce that was a tac squad, dread and hq and that seems to of gone from the webstore now. They might do the same thing with the blood angels battleforce too so maybe they'll wait till the stock on that set runs out and replace it with these new "getting started" ones.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 01-06-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Fly Lord

Each 40K "Start Collecting XX" set comes with an enclosed Formation with rules.

via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?415816-New-release-Bundles&p=7589123&viewfull=1#post7589123"]Fen on Warseer [/URL]1-6-2015

SM
    -pick a unit from the formation close to the captain,that unit can fire in the movement phase instead of moving (and then can still fire in the shooting phase)

Mechanicus
    -pick an enemy unit within 18" of the dominus and within his LoS at the start of the shooting phase,all units from the formation repeat to hit against that unit for that phase

Tyr
    -if the gargoyle are close to the Tyrant during the movement phase,you can immediatly remove them from the game and place them back in the same turn coming from deep strike.If they DS close to the warrior unit from the formation,they dont scatter

Necron
    -when the scarabs and warrior units from the formation are destroyed,you place them back in game close to the overlord at the start of the next turn

Guard
    -All infantry has 4+ cover while standing near the LR

Tau
    -Pick a unit close to the ethereal,remove all the models of that unit save for one,then redeply all those models keeping cohesion with the model you left on the field.Not sure how often/when you can do it
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast