BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fly Lord

via [URL="http://forum.spikeybits.com/showthread.php?28922-New-Formations-For-40k-Start-Collecting-Box-Sets"]Captain Citadel [/URL]1-6-2016
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016formation-admech.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	16897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016formation-marines.jpg 
Views:	982 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	16898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016formation-necrons.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	16899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016formation-tau.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	16900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016formation-tyranids.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	16901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016warscroll-chaos.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	16902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016warscroll-nurgle.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	16903
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    krom?
    Krom Dragongaze, from Stormclaw. Plastic Wolf Lord. Pretty good model, too.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Krom Dragongaze, from Stormclaw. Plastic Wolf Lord. Pretty good model, too.
    Had to google that one, yeah vaguely remember him now, agreed very nice! could put him with a wolf pack and dread then.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

As much as people often dislike what formations have done to 40K, these new formation-driven bundles make starting allied forces easier than ever. Also perfect for people wanting to get into the hobby that don't necessarily like the factions present in the starter sets.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Still no photo of the IG formation posted. I will rectify that as soon as my sons package arrives. Also - Battlescribe repositories haven't yet been updated with the new formations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik Booraem VI View Post
    Still no photo of the IG formation posted. I will rectify that as soon as my sons package arrives. Also - Battlescribe repositories haven't yet been updated with the new formations.
    The Infantry get a Cover Save as long as they're near the tank. Can't remember the exact numbers, though. Think it was a 4+ within 6".
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    The Infantry get a Cover Save as long as they're near the tank. Can't remember the exact numbers, though. Think it was a 4+ within 6".
    That is pretty cool, makes it into a proper infantry tank formation with the units supporting each other.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

It's also an interesting way for people to kick off an Astra Militarum army.

Not only is it good value discount wise, but two perhaps three and you've got a miniature army without needing ludicrous quantities of infantry pushing up the monetary cost.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Name:	20160115_062056.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	16931

Here's the Formation sheet from the Imperial Guard Start Collecting set. Oddly enough it allows you to take an infantry squad by itself, but doesn't require that the squad be veterans. So potentially, with this formation, you can have an army if you just have 10 cadians, which is great. However, it doesn't provide for you to take both the 10 man infantry squad AND the heavy weapons team that comes in the box. Not sure how I feel about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik Booraem VI View Post

Name:	20160115_062056.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	16931

Here's the Formation sheet from the Imperial Guard Start Collecting set. Oddly enough it allows you to take an infantry squad by itself, but doesn't require that the squad be veterans. So potentially, with this formation, you can have an army if you just have 10 cadians, which is great. However, it doesn't provide for you to take both the 10 man infantry squad AND the heavy weapons team that comes in the box. Not sure how I feel about that...
    The HWT is an upgrade for the Infantry Squad. You swap two lasgun Cadians out for it.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast