BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Theres loads of great original sci-fi still coming out, its just all in the form that works best for it ; books. Of course if you only look at games, films, tv shows - then yeah of course that stuff is going to be stagnant and unoriginal, its the nature of the commercial beast. Of course when someone does do something visually original its usually lost under the radar or ignored for not being "relatable". Luckily for me, I dont care about that so expect a pure abstract alien sci-fi show with nothing human or human-esque in it whatsoever. And hard sci-fi.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

AFAIK the Blizzard-GW connection went like this, Blizzard was working on the first warcraft game, contacted GW in order to use their IP, they discussed the thing, it looked like they would go for it, but at the last minute GW said nay.

There was an interview with Chambers a while ago backing this version.

Nothing solid about starcraft/40k (which are rather different as opposed to the 1st WC which is much closer to WH).

I should really know by now that forums never keep on topic..

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gooball View Post
    I should really know by now that forums never keep on topic..
    Normally I would have just talked over your thread - how mature am I tostart a new one to get to the interesting stuff...

Now listen everyone else if you have sources, from the industry rather than total hearsay, then that would be juicccceeeeeeeeeee!
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

There was a post on the american Wow forums ages ago that Warcraft 1 was supposed to be about warhammer but both companies decided it wasn't in their interest to do it and warcraft came out with completely different races and stuff
    Starcraft is based on generic sci-fi things and has nothing to do with 40k (power armour is common in sci-fi so are super advanced aliens and aliens that infect/eat people)
    I Cba to go find it but go ahead if you want to look for it

Abbess Sanctorum

I don't disagree or give a damn TBH (I don't like starcraft for its gameplay, rather than its setting-- I like the setting), but you're annoying me by basically saying "I'm too lazy to do the research so you go do it and prove me right". Arguments don't work that way. Provide your own damn sources, don't expect other people to do your research for you.

HQ/fast attack from the chapter is down below in the homebrew for anyone who cares.
    Edit; Sorry though i was posting in the thread i made >.< damn similar names. On an unrelated note i am full of tasty food \o/
    Last edited by Gooball; 04-10-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Gooball View Post
    Well considering this is my thread about
    Noone gives a ****, this isn't your thread.

The only thing I ever thought was a little too close then to just be stock sci-fi was the style of the zerg and tyranids. I know they are both space bugs but one can do a whole race of space bugs and have them look nothing like 'nids. Take the starship trooper bugs for example, they are pretty unique looking, as were the Ender's Game xeno descriptions. Other then that the other similarities fall within the range of public domain sci-fi.

Something you guys might amusing is that in the MMO Allods everything Arisen looks remarkably Necron. From their black obelisks with neon green inset weird looking lines to the giant floating black pyramid.

(P.S. Anyone read "A Moot in God's Eye"?)

Zerg are again more like the flood or even the kroot for the way they create more Zerglings and stuff but more like nyds in looks/battle style
    [url]http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Zerg[/url]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12