BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    House Goliath.

So far in the close they're in Narnia.

AX - fair point there. Just tiny random squad types of Xenos. Release over time, and eventually pump out a Mercenary type Codex to allow use in 40k.
    Hrud seem to get everywhere, so they make the most sense. Lacrymole would make sense as they can shapeshift into human forms, which could be interesting from a modelling and painting PoV. Rak'Gol would make sense too as they seem more piratical in nature but not to the extent of the Dark Eldar.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    female goliath = Riot grrls = awesome

Yup, and that look could easily be folded into Escher if they wanted to go with the Goliath as male only idea.

Eldar: Searching for a lost eldar shrine under teh hive dating back to when it was an eldar colony before the Fall. Alternatively, searching for soulstones lost during a war with the Imperium where eldar nearly destroyed the hive but had to withdraw before they could collect all the stones of the ded
    Dark Eldar: Small webway portal, not enough for a widespread invasion (no vehicles), few dark eldar doing it for lulz.
    Tau: Scouting force sent to investigate hive for strategic weaknesses, got trapped in the underhive, trying to gather enough tech to bust out.
    Orks: hur hur smash stuff hur
    Chaos culists: recruiting the downtrodden
    Necrons: Lord awakens to find his tomb is now full of ****-literally, and has a hive built right on top
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Kinda sick of male necron lords tbh, would be nice to introduce a female one. I still intend to convert up a tomb queen for my army. Something along the lines of the Metropolis android would be cool.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Genestealer Cult - self explanatory. There's a good chance it would struggle to properly flourish in such a violent environs.....

Though.....Cults could be a secretive thing. You'd get perks, sure - but if your hand is tipped, you're pretty much screwed as the entire Underhive is then out to get you above all others. Imagine running a Genestealer Cult. You have limited access to Hybrids and Purestrains. Each of those can be pretty powerful. But, if you lose too many battles where you used them (even just one if Hybrids or Purestrains are captured) then word gets out, and that's you utterly bollocksed mate. Bollocksed as in its assumed the Arbites come a-knocking en masse, and that's the end of your gang, either wiped out or so scattered they can't regroup.

Ditto Chaos Cults and other proscribed things. Lots of perks, but you have to be careful where and how you use them. Berserker Bob might be able to beat three people to death with his own Liver and still not die, but his constant (very, very loud) screams of BLOOD FOR KHORNE is a dead give away. And the Inquisition are everywhere....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

They need to bring Genestealer cults back in some form either way. With the focus on mini-armies like harlequins these days there is no reason not too. Not sure if Necromunda would be the best way to bring them back, allthough i suppose hybrids and a magus could work, then expand it later with a codexs for 40k perhaps?

Just another way to flog the models
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Kinda sick of male necron lords tbh, would be nice to introduce a female one. I still intend to convert up a tomb queen for my army. Something along the lines of the Metropolis android would be cool.
    Me too, was going to convert a female lord up myself but got bored with GW and their lack of diversity before I got around to it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Me too, was going to convert a female lord up myself but got bored with GW and their lack of diversity before I got around to it.
    I'm "doing something about it" with my own game at least, the protagonist aliens are 90% female cos I think non-humanoid female alien protagonists are badass and of course given their design totally non-sexualised too. Most other races have an equal distribution of gender, if they do have gender (some have none, others have more than two)

I approve. Hehe.

First-Captain

I love Necromunda, its my favorite game (almost certainly nostalgia driven) and it despertly needs GW to come in and make the rules. The "New Community Edition 2" of Necromunda is a living testament to why games design by committee doesn't work. The game is fractured into 3 or 4 different versions of the rules, the most recently updated including such fresh nonsense as letting starting gangs buy Boltguns for gangers and that sort of rubbish. The Bolter is a holy relic, owning one without sanction is punishable by death. Even in the Underhive its seen as a symbol of status and wealth, its why a starting gang can't buy them unless its for the leader.

What I'd like to see?

Low tech, we've seen Space Marines get more and more toys, the Militarum can some impressive new bits of kit. The Underhive is a place where you don't see much technology beyond a Lasgun. Anything else is Archeotech, the detritus of generations before hidden deep among the rubble and sludge. You're lucky to find it, most gangs will spend their lives digging around hoping to get rich. Your heavy has a Heavy Stubber because that's all you can afford, your gangs have revolvers and autoguns and count themselves amongst the biggest threats in the Underhive.

I know people are getting excited about xenos in the hive and that's cool to throw in once in a campaign but I really hope they concentrate on what makes the setting so good, its humans desperately scratching a living in the lawless wastes. I want to see men and women fighting to survive, to make it out of the Underhive, who aspire to the drudgery of the Hive City. The Hive is a massively dense city, Necromunda is deep in human territory (and a recruitment world for the Imperial Fists), Xenos incurrsion is going to be very rare if it happens at all, Tau (with their lack of real FTL travel) aren't going to make it that far for a long time.

I think the box and rules might well come without any gangs, just a big box of terrain, walkways and ladders and platforms that brings the verticality that made fighting in the underhive so interesting. The gangs probably won't ever see plastic, its too risky, especially as you want a lot of variety in your Houses. Some Forgeworld resin, with different gun options (like the hand/gun sprues from the 2000 gang resculpts) would be more realistic.

I'd not be surprised if we saw a different Hive on the planet with new houses. The Goliath punk-barbarian aesthetic is rooted in the 80s, for example, and probably won't translate well to today's audience.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast