BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default The Walking Dead: All Out War

Mantic's big announcement has finally been made and it's one to get nerds super excited - they have the Walking Dead license and are making a tabletop miniatures game!

Check out the [URL="https://manticblog.com/2016/01/05/twelve-days-mantic-christmas-12-walking-dead/"]blog[/URL] for more details.

I for one am super excited about it, it promises to be a great game.
    Last edited by Wildeybeast; 01-05-2016 at 01:38 PM.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Not into zombies at all but this will make one of my best friends VERY happy...was hoping it would be Fallout when they said it was a post-apoc game myself though.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

I'm hoping for some mode that puts player vs player with the undead as more of a game hazard. Should be interesting!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Reading the commentary from Mantic was pretty interesting. I like that they're looking to keep it easy and inexpensive to get into, and it sounds like they remember what being a gamer is like and actually relate to their target audience. Gives me even more hope for this.

The figures they show look pretty solid, too.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Reading the commentary from Mantic was pretty interesting. I like that they're looking to keep it easy and inexpensive to get into, and it sounds like they remember what being a gamer is like and actually relate to their target audience. Gives me even more hope for this.

The figures they show look pretty solid, too.
    I enjoyed the commentary, you can always tell how passionate they are and that they really love what they are putting out. I respect that a lot.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Trust me when I say that if you are a fan of TWD and miniature games, you will like this.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    I'm hoping for some mode that puts player vs player with the undead as more of a game hazard. Should be interesting!
    From the first talk of gameplay, that seems to be exactly what they're doing. That could be pretty cool, and convey the feel of the setting well.

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Not into zombies at all but this will make one of my best friends VERY happy...was hoping it would be Fallout when they said it was a post-apoc game myself though.
    I never was either, until I came across TWD. Because it's not really about the zombies. It's about the amazingly developed characters and their struggle to survive. It's amazing. I won't watch or play anything else zombie related, but TWD is totally worth it.

Excited about this!

I'm hoping it ends up being more comic/game, and less TV show post-season 3. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    I'm hoping it ends up being more comic/game, and less TV show post-season 3. :P
    The said the license was specifically for the comic world, not the TV show version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast