BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Who would you like to see get the next mini-dex?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Genestealer Cult

10 45.45%
  • Deathwatch

6 27.27%
  • Black Templars

1 4.55%
  • One of the (not Khorne) Chaos gods

5 22.73%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Wishful Thinking- which faction should get a mini-dex?

Just a wishful thinking discussion...was thinking about how much I want to see a Genestealer Cult mini-dex and wondered what you guys thought

My answer is Squats (nay Space Dwarfs) and personally, I like a Genestealer cult, but I think the other Chaos Gods should get their due first.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Librarian

I would love some sqaut action, ally with tau or imperium, weapons as apropriate.

I voted for the GCs cause I feel bad the nids are so all alone, the ability to maybe loot some other tech could really changeup the nid game and give them a lil more diversity of play style. i canned a lot of my army sans a stealer swarm and a select few things minus my big bugs, wouldnt mind getting a chance to do something with them and a lil side force as well

Chapter-Master

I want to see the Slaugth with their weird bio-constructs ;

[url]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Slaugth[/url]

Thave have three types of constructs described, Vassals, Harvest which are descibred as vehicle-sized and Warrior Vassals. They have three HQ's described allthough it sounds like only Intendents are the ones that get into the action. Seems perfect for a mini-dex and you could make a kit for all three of the vassal types and make them duel kits to double the units and a clampack for the Intendents.

Yeah, i've thought about this a bit :P
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I want to see the Slaugth with their weird bio-constructs
    You would

Personally, I am so close to spending a bunch of money on Dreamforge's Eisenkern minis (and other bits) and making an Adeptus Arbites army ...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    You would

Personally, I am so close to spending a bunch of money on Dreamforge's Eisenkern minis (and other bits) and making an Adeptus Arbites army ...
    Blimey, It's like I got a reputation for obsessing over asymmetrical floating aliens here or something :P
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

First-Captain

I Super want a Genestealer cult list.... But now you have chucked Arbites into the mix..... I want them hard!

Dirty boy!

Me? I honestly don't know. 12 months ago, Mechanicum all the way. Which of course we now have.

Genestealer Cults sound fine....except.....except I fear they may end up being quite boring. Poorly equipped Brood Brothers are a staple, Hybrids? Depends. Different squads for different generations?

What I wouldn't like to see is a simple 'Astra Militarum, NOW WITH ADDED GENESTEALERS LOLOLOLOL'

Just my opinion. Got nothing against the background, army or its fans.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    I Super want a Genestealer cult list.... But now you have chucked Arbites into the mix..... I want them hard!
    just wait for the necromunda list. quite frankly I have about 20/30 arbits and converted castigators/rhinos and unless they got some major special rule love theyd still be a force to be clobbered

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Dirty boy!

Me? I honestly don't know. 12 months ago, Mechanicum all the way. Which of course we now have.

Genestealer Cults sound fine....except.....except I fear they may end up being quite boring. Poorly equipped Brood Brothers are a staple, Hybrids? Depends. Different squads for different generations?

What I wouldn't like to see is a simple 'Astra Militarum, NOW WITH ADDED GENESTEALERS LOLOLOLOL'

Just my opinion. Got nothing against the background, army or its fans.

You could have a ten man infantry kit that makes your basic cultists, they could be your typical robed dudes with basic weapons. Perhaps knives and swords that have a genestealery look to them but be obviously manufactured by the cult themselves using capturing factories, cultists do like fancy ornate stuff that is styled after whatever stuff they are worshipping. You could even given them tyranid styled masks that theme further as you don't want them to be boring bland generic hooded/robed dudes. These could fullfil the troops choice.

A five man duel hybrid kit that makes two types of hybrids. These could be better updates on those old hybrids that are more inline with the modern tyranid range. You could have two sets of heads for example, one set where the heads are more obviously human but with a few bumps and stuff (like star trek aliens lol) and then a second set of heads that have the more elongated genestealer heads but with more slightly human features. The arms could be similarly themed with one set being more mutated human arms and one set being more genestealery. These could probably fullfill the elite choices.

Genestealer Magus and Patriarch clampacks are a no-brainer. Theres your HQ's.

A vehicle that has enough crap on it to theme it to the cult. Manufactured by the cult so it has a genestealery "look" to it (eg the gun turret could have that bio-mechanical look to it but be obviously produced in a factory). Could make that a duel kit to squeeze out a few units so you could have your heavy support and transport made from this.

Add in the option to use genestealers too and you should have enough for a decent force on par with harlequins, cult mechanicus and skitarri.
    I know. i have too much time on my hands. I know.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 01-06-2016 at 09:10 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast