BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Who would you like to see get the next mini-dex?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Genestealer Cult

10 45.45%
  • Deathwatch

6 27.27%
  • Black Templars

1 4.55%
  • One of the (not Khorne) Chaos gods

5 22.73%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Mini-dex wise I would like to see Black Templar revisited... But what I would really like to see is some Imperial Armour love for the Xeno, other than Eldar, that covers areas that AM, SM and Renegades have received.

If Forge World gave Nids the love that Chaos renegades got with the Gene-cults, or did the various Ork Klanz, I have little doubt that they would be a hit and a worth while buy.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Agreed. Galaxy feels so small with so few aliens represented imo
    Well the big E was really efficient at xenocide during the great crusade

I voted Deathwatch because if greyknights get a 'dex they should have one. But I'd rather see space dwarves return.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Yup.

When you've got Space Marines fighting in the style of Imperial Guard, you've got to be double hard, or really good at running and hiding not to get roflstomped into extinction.

And that's with the Primarchs taking a personal interest in your demise....

If you look at the species that did survive, you've pretty much got Hrud, Orks and Eldar as anything like major players. Hrud? Infestations were apparently nasty as, and incredibly difficult to properly eradicate (and yes, I'd like a Hrud army). Orks? Easy enough to find, but dealing with them is a lot tricker, given their ludicrous numbers and proliferation. Eldar? Got to find the spindly ones first - and with Craftworlds being out in the void, and everyone else creeping about the Webway, that's far more a matter of blind luck than judgement - let alone having the necessary level of force to actually do something about them should you find them!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

The Hrud deserve to be a "main" army rather than a mini one like harlequins and cult mechanicus imo. Always thought they'd be awesome, especially if you bring in their Shadowy allies.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yup.

When you've got Space Marines fighting in the style of Imperial Guard, you've got to be double hard, or really good at running and hiding not to get roflstomped into extinction.

And that's with the Primarchs taking a personal interest in your demise....

If you look at the species that did survive, you've pretty much got Hrud, Orks and Eldar as anything like major players. Hrud? Infestations were apparently nasty as, and incredibly difficult to properly eradicate (and yes, I'd like a Hrud army). Orks? Easy enough to find, but dealing with them is a lot tricker, given their ludicrous numbers and proliferation. Eldar? Got to find the spindly ones first - and with Craftworlds being out in the void, and everyone else creeping about the Webway, that's far more a matter of blind luck than judgement - let alone having the necessary level of force to actually do something about them should you find them!
    Eldar were next though, until Magnus buggered up the Emperor's pet project...
    I think the difficulty with the Hrud was that in large enough numbers, they started to warp space around them. So the huge migrations were devastating and mind destroying for defending forces. hrud would be awesome, but im not sure if they could do the models justice without them either ending up looking like jawas, or loosing their cloaked ability and being able to see the body structure beneath, both of which would be a shame.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Eldar were next though, until Magnus buggered up the Emperor's pet project...
    Unlikely as even Necrons do use the webway nowadays and not even the Eldar know its full extent. Besides you can seal off parts or even destroy connections and afaik there is no one left in the galaxy who knows how to create paths anymore (the Eldar just maintain/repair).

First-Captain

Hrud are great but they're not "main army", or probably even "mini dex" because they're too odd of a concept to be able to translate to an army. Any attempt to make them workable would probably take away some of their charm. I think they're great in the fluff when they do show up and they're a perfect little "fluff" race to throw in every now and then to the background. The background benefits from their being unknowns, hints and things that aren't perfectly clear.

I think as far as Xenos go, you do now have a lot more options than we used to, hell I remember pre-Tau and Necron days, when your choice was Ork, Eldar or Tyranid.

I'd like to see Kroot get a minidex, they have the fluff to support a few different unit types and they have a popular main force to ally with.

GW proper isn't going to release anything that isn't a plastic kit and to make a plastic kit you have to have to know it will sell tens of thousands of units, a plastic Ambull or a unit of Hrud probably won't tick that box

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Unlikely as even Necrons do use the webway nowadays and not even the Eldar know its full extent. Besides you can seal off parts or even destroy connections and afaik there is no one left in the galaxy who knows how to create paths anymore (the Eldar just maintain/repair).
    That's kind of his point, the Emperor had worked out how to make new gates into the Webway, that's the project that Magnus ruined and why he was rebuked.
    Last edited by Path Walker; 01-11-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    but im not sure if they could do the models justice without them either ending up looking like jawas,
    No that's what I want. Scary armed jawas!

Wait - The Emperor built a webway portal? I thought it was just one that happened to be on Terra, Stargate style?

Anyways....

I also want Dark Mechanicus. I'm desperate to see the acceptable level of sheer body horror in the Mechanicum ramped up to to Full Flavour UKIP Insanity Strength body horror.

I mean, when its considered right and proper to delimb someone, lobotomise them and permanently weld them to a track unit with some guns which sooner or later are going to do the wielder a mischief.....what does prescribed actually look like?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Tentacles.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast