BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    To be fair, I'm not sure I know of anyone who got anything hobby related for Christmas.
    I got a stormeagle

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Its also the first Christmas when "current gen" consoles were at the generally affordable Christmas present level
    And a wii u

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I wasn't counting money spent on myself, but during December I did pounce on Christmas sales to add more to my X-Wing collection. Got the new starter box (new ships and the new damage deck), another T-70, Rebel Aces, A-Wing, B-Wing, Y-Wing, Z-95, YT-2400, YT-1300, and GR-75. Also an extra CR-90 and Nebulon-B for Armada (still need to get MC-80 and a pair of MC-30s, especially with a regular Armada group starting up). I also snagged the rulebooks for Kings of War and Frostgrave, though not on sale, but at $40 and $25 they didn't need to be. Oh, and the KoW expansion book with extra armies.

Not really much on video games. Fallout 4, of course. Got Battlefront when it dropped to 40% off (refused to pay full price for it). Witcher III at half price. NBA 2K16 at 40% off. Some various stuff on Steam that was on sale, and Humble Bundles. Actually, that was all computer games, too. Non-PC games, didn't buy any during the holiday season, but when I got paid the week before last I grabbed Disney Infinity 3.0 and some extra Star Wars characters (Kylo Ren, Poe Dameron, Darth Vader, Twilight of the Republic playset).

In all of those cases, I have a lot more people to play them with (except single-player games) than I do GW games. But even the single-player games have their role, because when I come home at night and need to unwind, it helps being able to just slaughter raiders, pretend to be an NBA star, or hack up Stormtroopers with a lightsaber.

Chapter-Master

Oh money I spent on myself would add a small ork kult of speed. because I don't already have enough grey plastic

If Betrayal at Calth counts, I have two boxes' worth of that sitting on my desk. But I don't have that much grey plastic otherwise.

Mostly because the majority of my backlog projects are at least primed... (Skaven additions from End Times, Khorne Daemons and Marines, Space Wolves army, more Orks, Ogre Kingdoms army, some Harlequins, a box of Malifaux models...)

But hey, it's good to keep a backlog around.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post

But hey, it's good to keep a backlog around.

lols

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12