BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Slaanesh View Post
    hmm i e-mailed the complaint letter to order enquirers and general info e-mails......think i should send a third to the Catalog? lol! i just want credit for the stuiped thing, im sick of dealing with this bs and the model is a total piece of junk! I also never got my free shipping included......like it should of i got dinged 57.17!:

If models have problems like was stated above they should stop casting them and make new mold's not sell the junk to those of us who love big fliers with huge guns!
    From Forgeworlds site, [URL="http://forgeworld.co.uk/canadafaq.htm"]in regards to international shipping[/URL]: "Orders of £250.00 or more will be shipped by Express Delivery for the same cost as standard delivery"

Free shipping is only within the UK unfortunately, and as they are a UK based company they're probably free to advertise as such.

Also the problem with the molds is that they have been re-cast so often the master is wearing out and the general quality is slipping as a result. They would need to make a new master sculpt to fix some of the problems - I've even heard the master Thunderhawk was damaged so it is being molded off a casting, so is of much less quality, but that may not be true.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    From Forgeworlds site, [URL="http://forgeworld.co.uk/canadafaq.htm"]in regards to international shipping[/URL]: "Orders of £250.00 or more will be shipped by Express Delivery for the same cost as standard delivery"

Free shipping is only within the UK unfortunately, and as they are a UK based company they're probably free to advertise as such.

Also the problem with the molds is that they have been re-cast so often the master is wearing out and the general quality is slipping as a result. They would need to make a new master sculpt to fix some of the problems - I've even heard the master Thunderhawk was damaged so it is being molded off a casting, so is of much less quality, but that may not be true.
    Wouldn't amaze me......im still hoping i get lucky and they will do a refund or credit or exchange..

Chapter-Master

I have ordered stuff from vehicle accesories to ruined buildings, always via the web shop. I've never had any problems, its always got to my UK address undamaged inside a week, and even a catalogue out to Iraq inside 2 weeks. So no complaints (although have found resin to be excessively flash-tastic from time to time) so just goes to show.

Brother-Sergeant

Maybe I'm just lucky then or something because i emailed forgeworld like 5 days ago asking when my order was going to be shipped because I had a tournament and the models i ordered would be beneficial for me, i got a reply today saying they were shipped yesterday :/ I dunno maybe something was wrong with their email system at the time

Banned

I think it's just random - the first time I emailed them (a question about the Warhound shin guards) I got a very prompt response and some free modelling advice thrown in!

Veteran-Sergeant

It probably depends on how full their inbox is and how you word the subject line and the contents
    +++The Imperator Contego Indomitable Fortress+++
    +++The 23rd Joint Assault Group+++

Battle-Brother

This is strange; Forge World is well known for their great customer service. I did not receive my Barbed Hierodule on date, and I e-mailed them. They promptly replied saying if I do not receive it in *X* amount of time, they will cast and send me a new one.

Of course it was just delayed...

I could have gotten a second one!

Battle-Brother

Talking

well they got back to me this morning saying they never got my other emails and that they wanted a list of damaged parts and they would send me new ones. (I had already sent a list of damaged parts in the email...) Also i told them i want to send the model back and get credit towards a warhound since at least problems with that model i would have an easier time fixing!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post

+++I must say that the free shipping is NOT just to the UK!! +++

Every time I have ordered and I think so far I've put in 3 large orders (one exceeding $2500), I have placed an order exceeding the minimum for free express shipping, and have had my orders arrive within ++5++ days. I will call the order in, and it is paid for by the end of that day, and I have recieved it within 5, and no more than 7-8 when they have had to ship it in two separate boxes. In a couple of instances I have even had the order arrive in LESS than 5 days from ordering.

In most cases if everything you order is in, the order arrives really quickly. In cases such as the fortress and the manta, where it has to be custom poured, it is clearly understandable of the additional time, and they even tell you that it will take additional time, but it will still be shipped express as soon as it is finished.

We even lucked out with our huge order, as they had just poured a manta, and we were able to get all the large items, in two boxes, within 4 days.
    Last edited by RedScorpionsGirl; 08-07-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Battle-Brother

Huh-I find this interesting as, last time I order anyhing from GW it arrived very promptly and complete.
    The time before that I order some odd n sodz for Gorkamorka-including a Nob from the Gorkamorka line.
    Sadly they accidentally sent me an old 40k Nob (Looked a bit like a Stormboy of Khorne). When I called not only did they tell me to keep the model they sent me out a Limited ed Gameday Nob.
    FW cold actually learn something from GW in this case it seems.
    "Impefection is Death!"-Rasscare 'The Imperious' Vallax, Warlord of The Golden Brotherhood.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast