BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Chaos Space Marines get full Disciplines for each God?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, they're fine the way they are.

1 5.26%
  • No, just fix what's broken.

1 5.26%
  • Yes, more variety is better.

17 89.47%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Poll: Should the Chaos Space Marines get full Disciplines for each God?

So, I'm in the home stretch of getting an alpha write-up of my Chaos Space Marines Fandex finished, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with the three Psychic Disciplines in the Codex. Tzeentch definitely needs a change, as it's got a glaring bug with Boon of Mutation, but I want to know what other people think. Should the Disciplines be changed at all, and should I stretch them to 7 power lists?

Also, are there any other powers in the Codex that people feel need to be changed?
    Last edited by Andrew Thomas; 12-20-2015 at 01:05 AM.

Absolutely yes to 7 power lists.

As a fun twist, it would be cool if Khorne got more anti-psyker abilities. Or perhaps a HQ that could screw with psykers.
    Amateur Khornestar: A Khorne Daemonkin Blog: khornestar.blogspot.com

Banned

Just one thought on this. Part of the reason for Chaos Focus is the requirement to mix Disciplines between the God's and another. Would this requirement be retained, and thus the need for Chaos Focus, or would it just rely on the normal Psychic Focus like other Discipline users have?

Librarian

Sure, why not, go nuts.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Quote Originally Posted by Venomlust View Post
    Absolutely yes to 7 power lists.

As a fun twist, it would be cool if Khorne got more anti-psyker abilities. Or perhaps a HQ that could screw with psykers.
    Well, flat 2+ DtW's is pretty strong straight out of the books, but I might have some room for pariah-esque Daemonic Gifts, a-la the Culexus assassin. Not feeling completely new units though. Trying to stay within the existing range, limiting things made from whole cloth to stuff that is either easy to convert or can't really be represented on a model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Just one thought on this. Part of the reason for Chaos Focus is the requirement to mix Disciplines between the God's and another. Would this requirement be retained, and thus the need for Chaos Focus, or would it just rely on the normal Psychic Focus like other Discipline users have?
    I think, that since you are paying for access to these Disciplines, Chaos Focus, and being locked to your Patron's Discipline, is going to stay. I am planning on the new stuff being marginally more powerful than the BRB Disciplines, though, with a few drawbacks. To my mind, Sorcery is like the Darkside, in that it comes easier but is less forgiving.

What flat 2+ DtW exists straight out of the books, other than Kharn?
    Amateur Khornestar: A Khorne Daemonkin Blog: khornestar.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Venomlust View Post
    What flat 2+ DtW exists straight out of the books, other than Kharn?
    Good spot. I'll be adding that in.

EDIT: Changed Khorne's GotG table so that on a 1 or 2, you Deny on a flat 4+, or boost by 1 up to a flat 2+. Shouldn't be too hard to pick up that way.
    Last edited by Andrew Thomas; 12-26-2015 at 10:53 AM.

Librarian

I want more crazy all or nothing gamble powers, partially because it reminds me of the chaos of old, and also partially because I think right now a lot of the more insane power-trees/disciplines/common loadouts do not provide much more than a slap on the perils wrist for some insane benefits.

also are you planning to do anything for khorne aside from DTW powers? are they staying marine-full or going full kin-style? perhaps some cooler less daemonfull alternate blood-tithe table for the CSM/cult legions/Non-Kin/or even Kin?

half-baked idea set:

1-4 on the table are the same with minimal adjustment
    5 Hammer of Khorne - All units gain HOW, HOW units may shred HOW
    6 Unbound Assault - All units gain the Relentless special rule
    7 Favored warband - One unit gains the Fleshbane special rule
    8 Minor Incursion - Two units of Hounds/Letters
    Last edited by Arkhan Land; 12-23-2015 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    I want more crazy all or nothing gamble powers, partially because it reminds me of the chaos of old, and also partially because I think right now a lot of the more insane power-trees/disciplines/common loadouts do not provide much more than a slap on the perils wrist for some insane benefits.

also are you planning to do anything for khorne aside from DTW powers? are they staying marine-full or going full kin-style? perhaps some cooler less daemonfull alternate blood-tithe table for the CSM/cult legions/Non-Kin/or even Kin?

half-baked idea set:

1-4 on the table are the same with minimal adjustment
    5 Hammer of Khorne - All units gain HOW, HOW units may shred HOW
    6 Unbound Assault - All units gain the Relentless special rule
    7 Favored warband - One unit gains the Fleshbane special rule
    8 Minor Incursion - Two units of Hounds/Letters
    Tzeentch is going to be your Grav supply, at a premium. And yes, Warpflame is staying. Pure 1000 Sons are a lot like Grey Knights, only slower, with less Deathstar potential and more risk of getting dusted or Spawned.

Nurgle is an immovable object. Most of their new powers capitalize on their higher toughness and access to Poisoned and Haywire.

Slaanesh is speed and finesse. Misdirection and extra Shooting/Attacks/Pile-in moves will be added there.

With the World Eater's Commissar-esque Legion Tactics and easier Gift Roll triggers, I'll add some Daemonic Gifts to stretch what they can do with those rolls, but I intend on having the Codex stand on its own.

A draft is live of my Psychic Powers. The Half rule is gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast