BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Daemon Princes and Weapons

I have some Daemon princes sitting unbuilt for a Flying Chaos Daemon Army I wanted to get started. I need to get them done. I was going to magnetize the wings so I could take them off and put on the exhausts, but I think that is a waste of building time. If I need walking DPs later, I can just build them.

I though I might want to magnetize the weapons arms as well. But now I don't think I need to. In the Codex, the DP listing on page 93 doesn't show any optional weapons. So does any of the three weapons that come in the kit matter? Or is any of them something special? If so what?

I have to get a bout three built quickly and I don't want to spend time magnetizing and painting extra stuff especially if it is unnecessary.

Thanks in advance for your help.

They don't matter they are all "melee weapons". It is a Chaos codex after all... options are just for different looks.

Currently, they make no difference.

Bright side is that when there's a new Chaos Codex (possibly the next week or two, as WD mentions lots of Chaos for next week's issue) we're unlikely to see a new kit, and GW are keen to only provide rules for options on their kits.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Thanks much! Off to the modeling table...

Chaplain

Well, I whipped together in an hour. Nice and easy kit. I put the axe in the one's hand. I notice you can build it with "Combat Arms" and no weapon. Again, is that just a decoration thing? Or does these have a game meaning?

Just decoration, at least for now. Allows variation, innit.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud6 View Post
    Well, I whipped together in an hour. Nice and easy kit. I put the axe in the one's hand. I notice you can build it with "Combat Arms" and no weapon. Again, is that just a decoration thing? Or does these have a game meaning?
    All just decoration. And I doubt that it will ever be something else than decoration.

Veteran-Sergeant

except in AoS...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Chaos man. anything is fair go. Have fun go nuts and let the evil out
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Chaos man. anything is fair go. Have fun go nuts and let the evil out
    Fairly much, even if it says 'Axe of bloodskullmurderdeath' and the model has a sword, if questioned just shrug and say 'Chaos'
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast