BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default So is anyone using theme lists so far?

I've been collecting some new models for my Old Witch theme list, but haven't seen anyone use them in person.

Are you guys seeing them adopted at your local stores yet?
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Battle-Brother

I am eagerly awaiting the menoth book for the themed lists, probably going to do it for both kreoss', and maybe somewhere down the line one for eFeora, since hers seems pretty good

One of our locals played nothing but tier lists at Templecon. I'm waiting on the Protectorate book myself... though i can field a couple of the Retribution tiers... I can get to Rahn Tier Three... hrm...

Battle-Brother

I am painting more assault kommandos to use the Strakhov list, but haven't actually tried it yet. Vlad with 5 point bezerkers looks interesting, but I only have 1 bezerker model.

As a mercenary player, I really love prime Magnus' Wanted Man tier list - mostly because it's really not hard to achieve. Most of the stuff are jacks/units I would have taken anyways!

The epic tier list... I am not sure about. 2 units of Idrians, plus Croe's Cutthroats? Eh... I don't think so. I am actually hoping the Protectorate get a new Idrian unit in the future, so I don't have to have duplicate Skirmisher units.

Now that i have both the Cygnar and Khador books, Prime Caine List looks good. And for Khador, either Vlad build is rather appealling.

Fly Lord

I'm an Old Witch fanatic, so its not just Kossite Woodsmen and Yuri for me, but now I have to come up with little stands of creepy snowy trees.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Ah well, join the club. With the Magnus Tier, I now need to come up with a whole bunch of stylish looking wreck markers for the same reason.

I just about have Rahn theme list, I just need a unit of two of Houseguard riflemen or halberdiers to complete it. I have no idea how it will play. Hopefully it will be at least a bit competitive.

Battle-Brother

During the last Shattered Ground season a lot of players brought tier forces. The ones with advance moves/extended deployment seem the most "playable" since they can grab objectives quicke/gain board control easier. I played and am currently building & painting my tier 4 Seige list for Cygnar. I think in general tier lists begin to shine at the 50 point level, where you can fill them out a little bit. I can get a bare bones tier 4 list in at 35, while at 50 I can put in unit attachments and other such things that make the army feel complete. Much larger than that, 75 and above, they begin to feel repetitive and lose their luster in my eyes. I'm very curious to see how the Hordes tier lists will work since they have less options to choose from at the moment. I also wonder if any tier lists will include Mercs/Minions. Maybe a Trollblood caster will get Boomhowler as a tier choice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast