BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Grand Provost Marshal

Hopefully the Mercs book will be out in time for the new Shattered Grounds league. I would love to run Gorten, Ashlynn, or Durgen themes right now, but I guess I have to wait.

These days, themed tier lists are about 1/2 of what I'm seeing across the table.

My thinking is that the book will probably come out like right at the END of the league, knowing my luck lol.

Battle-Brother

I'm interested in trying out Mortenebra's theme list. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I'm also eagerly anticipating the Cryx book; I can't wait to see what Skarre's tiers look like.

Scout

I've had the same thought Lordbubonicus - I'm picking up the Cryx book for that explicit purpose. I love jack/beast heavy lists, and while I'm not looking forward to putting together Morty, the list looks a tonne of fun.

At the same time, I'm trying to retro-fit some Khador tiers for Butcher. I bought some Circle stuff too, and am hoping that they fit into a Kaya tier, or I'm really going to regret painting a full list of WoO + UA

Veteran-Sergeant

The Merc book will be out in July, probably mid month, since they have been releasing one a month, and aiming for mid month with them (though the Menoth book had a few issues trying to get out on shelves).

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by FastEd View Post
    The Merc book will be out in June, probably mid month, since they have been releasing one a month, and aiming for mid month with them (though the Menoth book had a few issues trying to get out on shelves).
    Primal MKII comes out in July.

I decided on Magnus for my first army, picked the units I liked and later found out that I met all the requirements for a Tier 4 Most Wanted list without even knowing it.

First-Captain

Haven't been able to play a Tier list yet, though PMag's list is both acheivable, and useful.

For my Cygnar forces...too many units I'd need to double up on, so haven't given them a go yet.

That, and I just really dislike Rangers, and many of the Tiers require them. Blech.

Oh really? Why the dislike so much? Do you not like their models or their actual rules? Personally I always thought they looked really neat - a different flavor from the usual Cygnaran storm units and such.

I'm hanging on to my Cryx on the hope that eSkarre's theme list will be chock full of Satyxis and hopefully not much else. The merc theme lists are going to be interesting, but my love for mercs comes from the fact that I can take a lot of diverse elements and Rube Goldberg them into something amazing, and I think the themes will be too restrictive for that.

Personally the theme lists are a positive boon for players such as me; I don't have a lot of time to play, so small lists that are fun and thematic will be much more attractive than the competitive meta-list tweaking that requires you to have (and ultimately paint) a ton of models that you might use once or twice because of some hairbrained combo.

I know that my Cryx and Legion are going to be reduced to one, maybe two, tier 4 lists, and the rest will be sold off. And I'll keep my Rube Goldberg mercenary (and upcoming minions) machine intact

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast