BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Codex: Ecclesiarchy

I have finally finish my Codex. It is now on a PDF file. The Ecclesiarchy is official state Church of the Imperium. It is one of the most powerfully organization in the Imperium. During times of War they can call upon the Adepta Sororitas, the militant arm of the Ecclesiarchy, also know as the sisters of battle. Combined with large numbers of Imperial Fanatics, this makes the Ecclesiarchy one of the most feared armies in the entire Imperium of Man.

PDF: [url]http://download200.mediafire.com/acdzma1yjzfg/mzyjz1uqymf/Codex_Ecclesiarchy_by_Necrosis%282%29.pdf[/url]

The Witch Hunter Codex although still strong, seems lacking. Thus I decided to redo the Codex and bring them inline. Yet bring them inline wouldn't be engough to make them as powerful as the new 5th edition codex. Thus I added some new units and options. I also gave the player the ability to field a non-sister army. Thus this codex allows for variety. I also tried to make it as balance as possible. I made a few slight changes to acts of faiths to make them simpler yet still effective. I wanted this army to be able to deal with any threat and yet not being overpowered at the same time. I also plan on adding a quick reference sheet soon.

If you have any comments, feel free to post them here.

Errata
    Page 10, Inquisitorial Sisters, add the following rule:
    -Faithful: Add one faith point

All Veteran Superiors options should include:
    -Melta Bombs… 5 points
    -Purity Seals… 5 points

Page, Living Saint, remove the retinue rule and replace it with the following:
    An army that includes a Living Saint removes 0-1 limit on Venerable Seraphims

Page 9, Celestians, add the following:
    -One Celestian armed with a bolter may be upgraded to an Imagifier
    -Imagifiers count as having Angelic Visage Special Rule (see seraphim page 14)

Page 11, Battle Sister, add the following:
    -One Battle Sister armed with a bolter may be upgraded to an Imagifier
    -Imagifiers count as having Angelic Visage Special Rule (see seraphim page 14)

Page 13, Imperial Cultist/Zealots, remove the following:
    One model in the unit may be upgraded to a Demagogue.

Page 22, Other Equipment, add the following:
    -Purity Seal: If a model wearing a purity seals falls back, roll one extra D6 for its fall back distance and then discard one of the D6 of your choice to distance fallen back. If a model with purity seals is part of a unit then this ability applies to the entire unit as well.
    Last edited by Necrosis; 05-24-2010 at 12:25 PM.

Hmm looks like an updated witch hunters codex to me.
    Well done, very fair-ish rules (i skimmed by a few units)

Librarian

Herald of Nurgle uses Nurgle's Rot on the Wall of Text.
    Super Effective!
    Wall of Text fainted.
    Herald of Nurgle gained 77,777 exp.
    Herald of Nurgle is Level 77! (777 HP, Atk 1, Def 2000, Sp. Atk 2000, Sp. Def 2000, Speed 1)

Yeah its long. I'll read it asap - ironically I quite like Inquisition and such.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Abbess Sanctorum

... five heavy flamers in one squad?

Geeze, and people tried to call MY codex cheesy...

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    ... five heavy flamers in one squad?

Geeze, and people tried to call MY codex cheesy...
    5 heavy flamers in one squad? I don't see a single unit that can do that.

Abbess Sanctorum

Retributors can. You let them purchase four heavy flamers, and then the veteran can purchase another one.

Woops, time to edit that out.

Abbess Sanctorum

Even just four Heavy Flamers is rather excessive... GW actually removed the ability of Retributor squads to take heavy flamers when transferring from second to third edition, because of the problem with cheap drive-by heavy flamer squads (two heavy flamers firing out of the rhino for very cheap).

The way that 5 edition codexs are going now, we might see that again. Sisters are suppose to be the army that uses holy fire but as it stands right now, Space marines and Blood Angels seem to do a just as good or even better job at this then sisters. And if were talking about Excessive lets take a loot at the space wolf long fangs, they can take 5 special weapons and split fire and are less points then retributors when they both have heavy bolters or multi meltas. Or here's another example from the ork codex, burna boyz, each one of them has a flamer, so that's 15 flamers in one squad.

Abbess Sanctorum

Burna Boyz are elites, and they are expensive for how fragile they are, with a 6+ armor save and no dedicated transport. While they ARE good, the only real way to ensure that all fifteen burnaz can get to theri target and, well, burn them, is by spending around three hundred and twenty points for the burnaboyz squad and a battlewagon, taking up two slots and not even guarenteeing it'll get in range-- the battlewagon is the only real target for heavy anti-tnk anyway, when fighting against an Ork army.

That's quite different from ~150 points for five heavy flamers in Rhinos, which can ignore carapace armor equivalents, and causes more wounds... and you can get two of them for the price of the Ork squad. And they have 3+ armor saves and Acts of Faith. And you ahve points left over to get some ablative wounds.
    Last edited by Melissia; 04-10-2010 at 02:01 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast