BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Looks like no one is gonig to say anything until I make another response.

Here another example of excessiveness in 40k, let take a look at the Eldar Fire Dragons, each one of them has a melta gun for 16 points each. Also when you compare Retributors to your other heavy support choices are you going to take them? I mean how many times do we see sister army list with 3 or 2 Excorists and no retributors? You have to give them something to make them attractive choice.

Abbess Sanctorum

True, but I still worry it might be excessive.

Making up new wargear would be better I think... the reason you pick Heavy Support as Sisters is typically for long-ranged anti-tank.
    Last edited by Melissia; 04-13-2010 at 11:48 AM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

But the problem is sisters don't use missle launchers, plasma weapons (expect pistols for the superior) or lascannons, as you said I would have to make up some kind of new wargear. Maybe the unit could take a 5 point upgrade for each model that allows them to shoot their multi melta as assault 12 or heavy 24?

Abbess Sanctorum

But the problem is sisters don't use missle launchers
    ... the Exorcist Missile Launcher.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Well thats a missle launcher that shots melta missles. So it's the expection to the rule.

Abbess Sanctorum

Exorcist Missiles aren't melta missiles; they do not have the Melta rule.

They are melta missles, hence why they are ap1 instead of ap3. It also says so in Apoc 2 book.

Abbess Sanctorum

I don't have the apoc 2 book, mind providing a quote?

If they're melta missiles, then they should have 2d6 penetration, not just D6.

Grand Provost Marshal

Yeah, I don't recall that from IA:2. It's not in the Ammunition part, either, that I recall.

Krak missile for a oneshot solution?
    I can see witch hunters having a lance weapon but i always thought that there not meant to be heavily armed (needing to move a lot and stuff)
    Rng 48" Str 7 Ap2 Heavy; lance
    Or giving them weapons slung underneath their bolters or something... Combi-bolter/krak?
    Edit; Oh and i would say the excorsist is melta Tipped in the same way bolters are mini-rockets.. giving it penetration rather than explosions

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast