BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

If they're not heavily armed and therefor have to move, then why give tthem multi-meltas or heavy bolters?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Sorry for the late response but here is the quote:

"In such battles the sororitas rely largely on their arcane Excorst tanks to deal with such resilient targets, often combining them on the battlefield in a 'chorus of faith' whose massed firepower can obliterate even a scout titan in a hail of melta missiles."

@Faultie
    Apoc 2, not IA 2.

Abbess Sanctorum

Which, again, makes no sense from a stats point. If they were melta they'd have 2d6 penetration. A weapon can be AP1 without being melta.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Melta weapons don't always roll 2d6 for armour penetration and if the Excorist did, well that would just be over powered. D6 shots at strenght 8 that roll 2d6 for amour pen with 48 range? Then again I wouldn't be surprised if GW did it.

Veteran-Sergeant

I was very happy with this update and I would be happy to play against it. Though obviously competitive all of the units seem fairly priced. Only playtesting will reveal imbalances - the author has been very thorough rules-wise.

More proofreading is needed however. Though the rules are good the writing is sloppy and full of typos.
    "No one hides from the Eye, No one hides from the Sky!"

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    Melta weapons don't always roll 2d6 for armour penetration
    All Melta weapons have the Melta rule. It's what defines them.

Inferno Pistols, Meltaguns, Multi-Meltas, Melta Cannons, Fusion Guns, Fusion Blasters, and so on, all have it.
    Last edited by Melissia; 04-14-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    Sorry for the late response but here is the quote:

"In such battles the sororitas rely largely on their arcane Excorst tanks to deal with such resilient targets, often combining them on the battlefield in a 'chorus of faith' whose massed firepower can obliterate even a scout titan in a hail of melta missiles."

@Faultie
    Apoc 2, not IA 2.
    Ah, I see. That explains my confusion (it just so happens that IA2 was the one with all the SoB stuff.)

Quote Originally Posted by Atrotos View Post
    I was very happy with this update and I would be happy to play against it. Though obviously competitive all of the units seem fairly priced. Only playtesting will reveal imbalances - the author has been very thorough rules-wise.

More proofreading is needed however. Though the rules are good the writing is sloppy and full of typos.
    If you spot any typos feel free to post them. I mean this is one of the reasons I posted it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    All Melta weapons have the Melta rule. It's what defines them.

Inferno Pistols, Meltaguns, Multi-Meltas, Melta Cannons, Fusion Guns, Fusion Blasters, and so on, all have it.
    But if they are out of melta range then they don't roll 2d6. I don't know much about melta weapons but we could say whatever causes the melta to roll 1d6 when out of melta range also applies to the Exorcist missile.

Abbess Sanctorum

THe Melta Cannon gets its 2d6 at max range IIRC.

That's cause it fires a thermal blast. It's conditions could be different then the Excorist missile.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast