- Bonding Knife

Pathfinder Team [60]
    - 1 extra Pathfinder
    - Bonding Knife

[Fortification]

Tidewall Gunfort [255]

POINTS TOTAL: 1,848

So here's what I'm debating:

Should I arm the one squad of Crisis Suits with fusion blasters, missile pods, or cyclic ion blasters? I can't decide which I want to use.
    Last edited by Katharon; 01-18-2016 at 12:12 AM.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

personally I think that many burst cannons in one unit is too many, you will probably waste a lot of shots by killing everything

a few fusion blasters are great, maybe a couple of squads of two, a pair with two burst cannons and a pair with fusion blasters?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    personally I think that many burst cannons in one unit is too many, you will probably waste a lot of shots by killing everything
    Well, they're my primary (non-2+ armor) infantry-killing squad. I figure I'd rather have 32 S5 shots coming from one squad, using one or two marker lights, than having two squads of 16 shots, using twice as many marker lights. And I feel the margin of safety with 32 shots is a lot better than being forced to focus two squads fire power upon a single unit.

a few fusion blasters are great, maybe a couple of squads of two, a pair with two burst cannons and a pair with fusion blasters?
    Splitting the fusion blaster squad into two might be the better option...though I'm still certain I want to keep the squads homogeneous.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

my anti infantry unit of crisis suits has one suit with two burst cannons, one with a burst cannon and air burst, and one with a burst cannon and flamer. so you get 16 shots, a flame template and a large blast template. kills pretty much any infantry squad they need to.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Veteran-Sergeant

On your note, if you like to create the anti-infantry squad, you can arm your commander with Drone Controller, 2 Burst Cannons and 2 Gun Drones and join a squad of 3 Crisis Battlesuits with 1 Burst Cannon, 1 twin-linked Burst Cannon and 2 Gun Drones each. And that costs only 353 points. Drop them all near the target you want and fire everything you got. Even 3 Thunderwolf Cavalry won’t survive this.