BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default open letter to 40k radio

Alright, enough is enough: itís time the freebooters find out what the 40k Radio guys, specifically Spencer, are all about. My name is Mike. Most people know me as Big Mike and Iím from Erie, Pa. I work at Gateway Games, our local gaming store, as well as running and organizing all the local events and being a co-host for the War Banner pod cast. The recent episode of 40k radio (73) is absurd: the hosts have not been part of the local gamer community since this show has been on the air and longer. Not only do they not involve themselves with us but I can say without a shadow of doubt that 99% of the local gamers would not even play these guys.

Now before anyone writes me off just because they trash talk Gateway, let me state some of the facts as to why the local gamers feel this way. When 40k radio first started we had a gamers club here in Erie called Fallout Spencer and a few others had started the club, Spencer then disappeared. when he showed back up awhile (about a year) latter fallout was in a rough spot so he took it upon himself to reinstate himself as itís head and tell us all fallout was done, not that that was bad enough but he then showed up early on a week day when no one was there to remove all the club terrain and keep it for himself. Spencer then proceeded to trash talk the local gaming scene as we were left to pick up the pieces.

Another point to bring to everyoneís attention would be Above and Beyond comics, the other local shop that Spencer was going to make into the best place around. Spencer started to work with them to get them going but hit a few problems: first is that none of the dedicated local gamers would go there just because of him, but he also tried to buy into the store and the owners told him no. That was the last time Spencer was there. How do I know this? Because a friend of mine works there. Also Spencer never finished the tables or terrain, once again leaving local gamers to try to get everything finished. You see thatís how Spencer works: as long as he thinks he can turn a quick profit on something or someone heís all for it but as soon as he canít, heís gone.

Something else you all might find interesting is that Spencer has played very few if any games in the last year or so. Now, I might be wrong, but how can you do a podcast based on a hobby that you donít play? Jeremy (aka: jar jar) has started coming to Gateway as of late because no one is playing at the pit anymore.

One last thing to ask yourself is this: the hosting cost for a pod cast and forum isnít much so with all the freebooters paying for their membership why do they need to ask for hand outs to cover this cost? For that matter why should you even need to pay just to hear them talking, plenty of other successful sites and podcasts do the same without charging people for the services. Iím sure Iím going to get trash talked on 40k radio and everything will be denied but Iíve bitten my tongue for long enough.

Big Mike

...and to think, all that effort could have spent to send a letter to GW instead, asking them to make my next codex TAURIFFIC!

Big man! Talking **** about a man that has poured hours / days / weeks of his life into bringing the 40k community together. They have created a fraternity of people who are passionate about the game, and get together to listen, and interact on a daily basis. I can't even imagine how many friendships have been created as a result of this show (and the freebootaz community).

I don't care if every single thing you've said there is true, hundreds of thousands of fans and myself love hearing from Scott, Chipley, and Spencer on a regular basis and this love letter you've written is not going to change that.

P.S.: Are you the same guy who sold Chipley a copy of Space Hulk for $130? Just Curious.

Banned

Hey 1st time posters, take your drama somewhere else, douchebags the lot of you.

Never heard of any of them, don't care, does the board really need this kind of thing?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

No! Don't shut this thread down, I just went and got myself a big bag of popcorn!

Internet dramaz ftw!

Chapter-Master

As I read this I was cleaning my ears. The contents of the end of my cotton buds (US - Q-Tips?) is more interesting than this. Take your first time post trash talk elsewhere.

Mods - please move to the Oubliette at least.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

What if he isnt lying? Anyone considered that? Why is everyone so quick to side with 40K radio? Let them come and defend themselves.

Chapter-Master

I care not a jot if he is lying or not, its just that 40k discussion forum is probably not the place to do it. I have seen plenty of opinion that 40K radio is weak, and if it truly names and shames its local FLGS instead of helping them, I am sure with all the sueing that goes in small country of U S and A they could take 40K radio to the cleaners if they tell outright lies or slander.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Never heard about 40k radio before, but then im in Australia, we are a little behind apparently or so im told.
    Hey if this guy is telling the truth, well doesn't he have a right to tell the truth, we crusade people on this forum for there right to speak, and isn't that part of the Fredom of Speach thing in the USA?

If its about 40k why not let him speak. But on a note we should'nt just be allowing trashing of anyone here. So Dude, please keep it civil and compliant with forum rules and be nice as much as anyone here tries to be..

Im sure this Spencer guy, is known for what he really is, i would call in to the radio station and bring it to air, if they just kick you off, make a fuss, but you have a right to be heard too, let them defend themselves there on air.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast