How do?

Fancied raising this topic for a while, but wanted to wait until we'd seen more.

Title has it all really!

For me? Well, main one is on its way, namely information and understanding of what Reforging costs a Stormcast. Just what is the price for their immortality? As mentioned this is currently unfolding in the Bladestorm series.

So one down, so many more to go.

Wishlist the first
Better definition of the Realms. Right now, they've made it pretty clear they're truly vast. And I'm cool with that. But surely each one is going to have its tactically important areas, chunks we can get to know better and fix in our minds. Perhaps areas broadly representative, but not definitive, giving us the room to create our own kingdoms and that? Kind of like The Empire and The Border Princes in The World That Was, for a rough comparrisson.

Wishlist the second
What comes after the Realmgate Wars? Powerful as his forces are, I'm not convinced Archaon can maintain his current stranglehold, simply because the Stormcast have the Cylon Advantage, in so far as reforging, so far, doesn't seem to take away their combat prowess nor, importantly, their combat experience. Some form of victory for Order in his war seems fairly certain....

Is Sigmar headed for a Pyrrhic victory?
This is something I speculated on the AoS Facebook group that got people thinking. Take the two above points, and think beyond 'the now'

See, the Stormcast Eternals are, functionally, unstoppable as long as Azyr holds out - and going one the background just now, it's Chaos on the backfoot. Whilst Sigmar needs to keep Azyr secure, Archaon needs to keep The Allpoints secure. The latter, to my. Ind, is a much harder prospect. Sigmar has shut off Azyr before, so it's arguable he could do so again. But The Allpoints? That's how Archaon has dominated the other realms - and that means it has far more Realmgates to defend than Azyr....it is the nexus after all.

And this is where the Pyrrhic victory threatens to occur. In short, having re-established some semblance of order and civilisation, the Stormcast Eternals are bound to at least attempt to retake The Allpoints. Archaon undoubtedly has the numerical advantage, but that means little when your for just keeps coming back, seemingly at will. But.....at what cost?

I'll avoid spoilers, but we're starting to see the impact that can have. Assuming the Stormcast can actually take and hold the Allpoints, their casualties will be horrific. So many will go through multiple reforging, it's going to erode their humanity - they're at the very real risk of losing that which they fight for. Who knows what Sigmar will do if that happens? What role would the Stormcast play in the reclaimed Realms if they no longer relate to the inhabitants?

But that's not the only possible outcome...in fact it's possibly the least tragic. See, thanks to Daemons being Daemons, and Chaos caring not one jot for the natural way of things....the battle for The Allpoints could become an eternal stalemate. Archaon can never truly defeat the Stormcast - as long as Azyr endures, so do they, and Archaon can't currently strike at Azyr in any meaningful way because of the Stormcast pushing him back on all fronts. But as we know, Chaos itself cannot be defeated. Sure the Stormcast could blockade The Allpoints, tying up Archaon's best and brightest. But going on the description in Book Six of The Call of Archaon? I don't think they have the numbers or opportunity to really permanently take The Allpoints.

So that's some food for thought. Over to anyone else who wants to chip in with their ha'penny worth.