BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I'd rather they introduces valkyries that are all-women personally, something like the Claymores from eh, Claymore. Clare was badass.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I'd rather they introduces valkyries that are all-women personally, something like the Claymores from eh, Claymore. Clare was badass.
    That could be interesting if they play the inner-daemon thingy angle too. I enjoyed that anime.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

I think they missed a trick with the Prosecutors. They're damned near Valkyries anyway. At least to my mind.

But there is a decent Trans/Non-Binary character in one of the Slaaneshi stories from the Christmas Advent.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

I'd also like to see the Wood elves who escaped to the sanctuary turn up. I know they lost contact with them but it would be a nice link.

Very interested how the meet between Nagash and the Stormcast goes especially considering Sigmar and his history.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Indeed.

Just want the next major instalment of the Realmgate Wars now.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I think they missed a trick with the Prosecutors. They're damned near Valkyries anyway. At least to my mind.

But there is a decent Trans/Non-Binary character in one of the Slaaneshi stories from the Christmas Advent.
    Yep which is good, the problem is they need more or they are just falling into the 'trans/nonbinary peeps/etc. are deviant and probably evil' trope.

and it's all very well to say Stormcast could be female, the fact is they aren't. I'd be more than happy to have them include women but until they are said to be its fanon, and if they don't start getting characters then its no better than the eldar '50/50 gender split in lore, 90/10 in reality' situation.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The Chaos stories so far have actually changed the tone a fair bit. Whilst they still commit horrific acts, their motivations are explored more.

In Call of Archaon, for instance a Khornate champion trode that path so he could achieve Daemonhood, and then take revenge on Khorne. Sure we'd think it's a bad, bad plan - but still far superior to 'I rly lke sklls' we're used to

But wimmins Stormcast - fair enough. All it would take is a single named female character for them, and a line about how she knows anyone could be a Stormcast, and is proud of all her warriors etc. At least for me. Other opinions are just as valid etc.

That's the problem with GW and inclusive representation in a nutshell though, it wouldn't take much for them to do very well, they just don't bother.

- - - Updated - - -

What I'd love to see also is more of the Vampire women come back instead of the men. Bring back Neferata, Wossname the ex-elf and Ulrika and then maybe Vlad, Konrad and Isabella von Carstein and screw the rest.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Indeed.

Consider the tiny background bit about Phasma in the visual dictionary. It's emphatic, but beautifully understated. That's all it takes.

I wouldn't mind seeing specifically female Stormcast unit in the future either - as I mentioned earlier on, the human survivors of the Age of Chaos seem to quite often be lead by women, so perhaps we'll see it at some point. A poor alternative to just saying 'yeah, gender has nowt to do with it. The armour is made to resemble Sigmar, not blokes in general'

Brother-Captain

The Chaos being "evil" is very much being explored as a perspective thing like they were doing with the vampires In what I've read so far.

The Eldar thing only exists because they created unecessary boob torsos. First why do they have to be mammals there aliens. Secondly the "male" torso were perfectly fine for representing female (from a humans perspective) in full combat armour. The same goes for Tau and Cadians. In fact Im beginning to think the helmeted head for cadians are fine as female you can't see the jaw line because of the chin strap and at that size with the absence of make up or facial hair would we be able to really tell anyway?

Background wise yes no explicit mention of previously female Sormcast (they arent really human after the reforging) but seeing as though they do wear masks to conceal their identity and most don't have memory of who they were why would they start issuing armour proclaim their previous gender when they don't need it. Still I'd agree it wouldn't hurt or take much effort to stick out a story that mentions it and a named Warscroll character and just let people decide for themselves
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast