BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68
  1. #21

    Default

    Which is an improvement but doesn't negate the fact they were the go-to pure evil faction of the past 30 years.

    Yep but the boobs came in the Rogue Trader era so its not like its a recent stuff up. The male torsos might be acceptable, but the heads are not. No one can seriously argue they could be mistaken for women.

    Just look at how Star Wars did it:
    Stated they recruit men and women as Stormtroopers
    Mentioned a few unnamed Stormtroopers were women
    Introduced a named female Stormtrooper in TFA
    Has a couple of voiced female stormtroopers in TFA

    No big effort or statement, but it had the effect of making the setting much more female friendly because now you don't know if you're looking at a male or female Stormtrooper when you look at one. It wouldn't be hard at all for GW to do that, easier in fact because they don't have to worry about voices or unmasked appearance. They just don't seem to even think about it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

  2. #22

    Default

    Think I might write in to 'Grombrindal' about that.

    Seems daft that Chaos is the equal opportunities employer compared to The Good Guys....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

  3. #23
    Brother-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Her Majesty's United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    I rather like it. I've always found absolutely good and evil characters a bit tiresome I like when there's more nuance to them. It was something they really got into during the End Tines and I'm glad it's continuing
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    That's the problem with GW and inclusive representation in a nutshell though, it wouldn't take much for them to do very well, they just don't bother.

    - - - Updated - - -

    What I'd love to see also is more of the Vampire women come back instead of the men. Bring back Neferata, Wossname the ex-elf and Ulrika and then maybe Vlad, Konrad and Isabella von Carstein and screw the rest.
    When there are just as many females playing as men then you will get your wish. Until then, they dont bother Cuz there is no point. Its a game aboot jacked up space men. Just be happy that in the books there are many females that are not pushovers nor "women in distress" In my experience the females portrayed in the books are pretty badass actually.
    Theres no women in the game Cuz there isnt many women that play. I know you don't like it when I inject reality in, but it is the truth.
    So maybe you could stop holding it against them as it's just a game and nothing to condemn a company over. I know you just can't help yourself so, neither can I.

  5. #25
    Brother-Captain
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    When there are just as many females playing as men then you will get your wish. Until then, they dont bother Cuz there is no point. Its a game aboot jacked up space men. Just be happy that in the books there are many females that are not pushovers nor "women in distress" In my experience the females portrayed in the books are pretty badass actually.
    Theres no women in the game Cuz there isnt many women that play. I know you don't like it when I inject reality in, but it is the truth.
    So maybe you could stop holding it against them as it's just a game and nothing to condemn a company over. I know you just can't help yourself so, neither can I.
    In my area a quarter of the players are women. By your logic, that means a quarter of the models should be female. They aren't.

    If you don't see many women playing, have you considered that the local conditions in your area may be hostile?
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    In my area a quarter of the players are women. By your logic, that means a quarter of the models should be female. They aren't.

    If you don't see many women playing, have you considered that the local conditions in your area may be hostile?
    Very doubtful. And I know of course many people will not want to read this but a large majority of the guys I have met that played the game would be simply happy to have a female in their presence lol. For real. And I can just picture their faces if said female actually started talking about the game they love in a way they understand.
    So I definitely do not think hostility has anything to do with it.

    And my logic has nothing to do with how you say although I see what you mean. I'm talking dollars and cents because that is really what rules everything. As an once I see half the people on the floor that paid for the game and happened to be female I just can't see them making that jump unless its just lip service to the gender.
    She makes a really good point about Star Wars. I do not disagree with any of that assessment but I personally if I were female would be very offended by the fact that they just say the storm troopers are women but do nothing to actually further that look. I dunno if it was just me in my thoughts actually mattered to that company I would want females to look like females. I would want them to have female influences present and apparent. Instead they give you tokenism and apparently that is enough. I guess that's just me.
    All I'm trying to do is give you the reality of the situation its not like I agree with it or anything I would love women and everything I do because I'd rather look at a girl than a guy any day of the week. As long as they don't treat it like Jennifer Tilly treats poker I like boobs but there's a time and a place.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    But there is a decent Trans/Non-Binary character in one of the Slaaneshi stories from the Christmas Advent.
    Yeah, but think about that... Slaanesh is a god whose synonymous with perversion and deviancy. The first time we see an LGBT character is in relation to Slaanesh?

    But hey, I'm not surprised, given that they still don't seem to want to admit women exist, especially with the models.

  8. #28
    Brother-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Her Majesty's United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Ahh well it was was nice to be talking about AoS if only for a while
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

  9. #29

    Default

    I don't know that Slaanesh is about deviancy etc, so much as pushing your own boundaries and experience. More tasting everything than deliberately setting out to outrage societal decency. Could be an Epicurean, could be Art, Drama, War, Problem Solving etc. All that matters beyond expanding your experience is that you enjoy it. The whole 'gurd of buurbs' is long overdue an in-game challenge in terms of interpretation

    The way the character is written is very sober. Description of the armour, but not the wearer. It explains that terms of gender don't mean much to her anymore, but she feels like a she.

    Granted being me means I'm not best placed to judge with any real accuracy, but that to me seems a very sympathetic description, and leaves a lot up to the reader.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

  10. #30
    Brother-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Her Majesty's United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I don't know that Slaanesh is about deviancy etc, so much as pushing your own boundaries and experience.

    The way the character is written is very sober. Description of the armour, but not the wearer. It explains that terms of gender don't mean much to her anymore, but she feels like a she.

    Granted being me means I'm not best placed to judge with any real accuracy, but that to me seems a very sympathetic description, and leaves a lot up to the reader.
    Slaanesh is about sensation and pleasure. Deviancy is a moralistic stance and the Choas gods really don't care about morality, certainly not from a human perspective.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

 

 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •