BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default 40k Golf. Yes that's right, golf!

Today I got a chance to participate in a round of 40k golf with a friend. I didn't create these rules from scratch but I wish to adapt them into a slightly more complex mini-game. Here goes...

40k Golf (Original rules and concept by Setsuna)

In the grim darkness of the 41st millenium there is only golf... and that war thing's in there too.

What you need:
    • 2D6
    • Scatter Dice
    • As many miniatures on a 25mm base as there are players.
    • Tape Measure

Rules

Roll off to see who goes first.

Each player takes it in turns to move their piece (this represents your player and your ball). The maximum distance you can move your piece depends on the type of club used, selected before taking the shot. Each club has a different maximum distance and a different scatter, as follows.

Putter: Range 6", Scatter D3
    Wedge: Range 12", Scatter D6
    Driver: Range 18", Scatter 2D6

To take a shot, move your miniature a distance equal to or less than the range of your club. Once you have placed your miniature, roll for scatter, representing wind or shoddy accuracy, and then place your model in its final resting place. The winner is the one who can place their model onto the hole (this could be the centre of a blast template, etc.) without it scattering off wins!

Races

Depending on what race you are, your golf skills will slightly differ. Models are chosen as follows:

Humans- Humans invented the bloody sport in the first place and have practised their golf skills for longer. Their putters have a range of 8" and a safe shot of 2" with the putter and wedge.

Sisters of Battle- Sisters may use an Act of Faith once per game. This allows them to either maximise or minimise their D6 rolls that turn.

Eldar- Eldar have some mastery over fate. They may re-roll their scatter dice, but must accept the second roll. This ability can be used twice.

Dark Eldar- Dark Eldar use their Combat Drugs in an attempt to gain the competitive edge. They have an extra 3" of distance with no penalty, however before their shot roll a D6. If the result is a 1 or 2 they overdose and may only make a safe shot of 1 inch.

Orks- Orks have phenomenal power but they do take some time to hit the ball! They ignore the effects of difficult terrain, but re-roll any No Wind (Direct Hit) results.

Tau- Tau make precise, but weaker, shots. They may reduce their scatter by up to 2", however always suffer -2 to the maximum shot distance.

Daemons- Daemons obtain their balls from the Warp. They pass through walls instead of bouncing off, but stop 2" past the wall, even if it would normally shoot further.

Marines- Gifted with superhuman strength, but golf is a game of precision. They may increase shot distance by up to 2", but suffer +2 to scatter distance.

Tyranids- Tyranid golf-ball symbiotes, otherwise known as Rippers, scatter an additional D3" towards the closest enemy golf ball.

Necrons- The thought of playing golf with a lifeless entity devoted to murder can be pretty...unnerving to say the least. Should a Necron golf ball land within 1" of another golf ball, that player falls back D3+2" as it gives way.

Psykers- A psyker of any race can and will use their power to influence their opponents ball.A psyker may attempt to force his opponent to miss. Declare before the opponent rolls for scatter. If the opponent's shot scatters you may choose to make it scatter in any other direction. However, if it hits, the psyker has fallen prey to perils of the warp. The psykers next shot will only have a maximum range of half the normal range of the club.

Terrain

If you are stuck in difficult terrain reduce your maximum move distance by 4".

If your shot would bouce off a wall, it bounces off on a 90 degree arc and moves an extra D3".

If your ball lands on a slope, it rolls down to the bottom in the direction it scattered in, and then moves forward another D3".

Safe Shots

If you use the putter or wedge and only elect to move 1", you will not scatter.

Combat

There isn't any. Play nicely!

I intend to expand these later. Have fun and tell me what you think!
    Last edited by Master Bryss; 05-13-2010 at 09:56 AM.
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/

Abbess Sanctorum

What, no special abilities or rules for different models? No whacky hijinks for Orks? No "I AM A MAN! *punch*" machoisms for Marines?

Chaplain

Alright, here's a start on player types. Look at the first post.
    Last edited by Master Bryss; 04-11-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Chapter-Master

Why would anyone not play eldar. Great bonus (rerolling scatter), with no drawback.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Why would anyone not play eldar. Great bonus (rerolling scatter), with no drawback.
    Its not just scatter, its scatter and inches. its still strong, but not that strong

Chaplain

Indeed, the Eldar must re-roll the scatter dice AND the scatter distance.

These rules look pretty fun! I'll try to get people to try it out, maybe expand on it!

Chapter-Master

Psykers should be able to push other peoples golf balls around, at the risk of getting a headache and missing their next shot.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Abbess Sanctorum

It'd be hilarious to play a human psyker that way.

Chapter-Master

How about this: a psyker may attempt for force his opponent to miss. Declare before the opponent rolls for scatter. If the opponent's shot scatters, double the scatter distance. However, if it hits, the psyker has fallen prey to perils of the warp. The psykers next shot will automatically scatter. If a hit is rolled, use the small arrow on the hit dice.

And I still think the Eldar ability needs some sort of drawback. Everyone else has a advantage and disadvantage, while eldar just have an advantage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast