BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

I love the psyker one, but I'll change it so that the psyker controls scatter, with a PoTW result that cuts their range.

What would you suggest as a drawback for Eldar? I think their current drawback is that the shot may well scatter away from the hole anyway. And what would be a good Act of Faith for Sisters in this game?
    Last edited by Master Bryss; 04-12-2010 at 09:34 AM.
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Master Bryss View Post

What would you suggest as a drawback for Eldar? I think their current drawback is that the shot may well scatter away from the hole anyway. And what would be a good Act of Faith for Sisters in this game?
    Fate of the Old Ones. If doubles are rolled on the reroll the ball vanishes into the warp, the shot counts as a complete miss. IE a +1 is added the eldar players score!

BTW - the rules sound really fun. Any suggestions for setting up a course?
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

I think having all psykers be human and combining there rules would make humans worth playing . . Even using eldar and not using there power unless it scatters way off they'd still pwn
    Or making humans scatter -1/+1 distance with no minus

Abbess Sanctorum

For Sisters...

Once per game, the Sisters may choose to to maximize or minimize any roll they make. However, as they spend time praying and training for combat rather than practicing golf, they do not gain the normal human advantage.

Chaplain

Normal humans are now the best putters in the game. I took Melissia's Act of Faith for Sisters. A limited use policy now applies to Eldar.

@Lord Azaghul: As I said in the rules, the centre of a small blast template makes a good hole. For terrain, you can go down one of three paths

1) Golf. Only use craters, woods, hills, etc. Use your own discretion on how much.

2) Crazy Golf. Use more buildings as well as hills, maybe even have things you hit your ball through or over! Don't go overboard with buildings though, or the driver becomes near useless as your shots keep bouncing off walls.

3) Mixed. A bit of both. Again, use discretion, much like regular 40k. For an actual table, 4' by 4' or bigger is good, and a normal table is perfectly fine also.

As for tournaments or multiple holes, use a par system like normal golf. Again, decide par yourself depending on how much terrain there is and how big your play surface is.

Chapter-Master

It seems Golf in the Grim Future is racist. Where is the Dark Eldar?

Dark Eldar - Not very strong, but very precise, Dark Eldar have a 2" reduced range on all shots, but the scatter is also reduced by 2"

Is that okay?
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chaplain

Hey, I'm a Dark Eldar player too. The only reason they don't have an ability is because I haven't thought of one that could do them justice.

Unfortunately, what you suggested is what the Tau currently have. I was thinking of a ball with a soul inside it, but I need something different to everything else I've come up with.

Chaplain

Dark Eldar now have Golfing Drugs. 'Nuff said.

Brother-Captain

That's still WAY to good. I think it should be bit more risky, like a 3+ or something. Or make it D3 inches instead of 5".
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

I like the sound of these rules--I'm gonna try to get a game of this going at the local gaming store!
    Make the Blood God bleed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast