BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Librarian

I'm going to give this game a whirl this weekend with my local club, i've also added a little fun extra. it replaces the "psycher" abilities (because i think it's a little too specificly for psychers)

Also I have defined "the Green" as being a large blast template (2.5" radius) around the hole, unless specified larger by the terrain on the board.

Optional Extra: Cheating!

Yes this wouldn’t be a 40k game without some cheating would it?
    Players can opt to make a sneaky cheating attack at the end of the turn after everyone has moved, this could be firing their weapon at the enemy’s ball, using psychic abilities, summoning the warp, having their caddy re-locate it or some other dastardly trick.

Pick any enemy ball within 12” of your own. Roll a D6
    • On a 5 the ball is moved directly away from the hole by D6”
    • On a 6 the ball is "destroyed" simply add 1 to the enemy players' score as they replace their ball in the same position
    • on a 1-4 the plan backfires (somehow) and the players own ball is moved D3” directly away from the hole

These attacks are always made simultaneously and are resolved at the same time. If a ball is hit by multiple attackers, it is only ever moved the furthest distance rolled by one of the attacking players.

This sneaky attack cannot be made against any ball on the green, (there’s always a crowd watching!)

I don't know if this is too harsh/complicated. any ideas?
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Defining the green is a great idea, although I'd make it a bit bigger (I usually play this on a normal table or half of one). Currently I'm using Aegis Lines to define it.

I'll try out your rules for cheating myself today and see how they work out. I'll edit this post once I have.

EDIT: Drawback is too weak, especially considering that some races can pretty much negate it (Nids for one.) Needs to be harsher. The actual results work well.
    Last edited by Master Bryss; 07-11-2010 at 12:28 PM.
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Just stumbled across this thread. Cool idea!

Tyranid question though, if it always scatters D3" towards the nearest ball, how can they win? If they're the closest ball to the hole, won't they always scatter away from it?
    Even the Emperor and Horus have rolled 1's.

Chaplain

Ah right, I should explain. You do this extra scatter after the actual shot. The process is:

Hit ball.

Is it in the hole?

Yes: you win
    No: do the additional D3" scatter move.
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/

I recently stumbled across this thread. I too have made som rules for a 40k Golf game called 40K Goff.
    I hope you like it. I am going to be posting a slightly re-formatted version soon.

[url]http://powellhall.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=40k&action=display&thread=5[/url]

Default 40K Goff

Hey guys, if there's any interest, I did a set of rules called 40K Goff.
    I tried to post a link to the PDF but I don't think I'm allowed since I'm new to this forum.
    edit* Sorry guys, I decided to send this off as a submission to GW, so I removed all links*
    Last edited by powellhall; 12-12-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123