BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Destroyer weapon wounds

Just a quick Q.
    Destroyer table wounds.
    Seriously Wounded: The model suffers a hit that wounds automatically and causes it to lose D3 Wounds instead of 1.

So I read it as it causes 1 Wound, but if that single save is failed, then the model loses D3 Wounds instead of 1. Is that correct?

Or does it cause D3 wounds and the model saves each one individually?

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    Just a quick Q.
    Destroyer table wounds.
    Seriously Wounded: The model suffers a hit that wounds automatically and causes it to lose D3 Wounds instead of 1.

So I read it as it causes 1 Wound, but if that single save is failed, then the model loses D3 Wounds instead of 1. Is that correct?

Or does it cause D3 wounds and the model saves each one individually?
    1 single hit that causes 1d3 wounds to the miniature inflicted. If you can save it then no wounds inflicted at all (nor the extra ones bleed on other miniatures within the unit as example)

So your 1st conclussion is right

If the attack hits multiple targets, roll on the Destroyer table for each one. Most of the time, a hit model is dead anyway, Nat 1s and Invulnerables/Cover Saves against 2-5s notwithstanding. The only times the multiple wound/HP hits really matter is when hitting multi-wound characters, (G)MCs, and Vehicles.

Librarian

I assume that if say my Str D 7" blast covers 7 models, then I roll on the Destroyer chart 7 times (say 4 are 2-5 and 1 is a 6). Then separating the Wound Pool into the 4 'Seriously Wounded' and 1 'Deathblow' results I tell my opponent which order to allocate them in. Just like regular wounds, correct?