BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default inquisitors in IG

ok so i decided too add an inquisitor lord to my IG list and i thought why not put him with a land raider...
    and then i came upon the question, can a unit from my codex ig get in his dedicated transport?, i know they cant start in it though

Abbess Sanctorum

No, but not for the reason you think-- the Inquisitor Lord has to have his retinue, therefor isn't an Independent Character until he loses it. C:WH transports are not dedicated, thanks to the FAQ, so any unit can ride in it, but the Inquisitor Lord cannot join a squad until he/she loses his/her retinue.
    Last edited by Melissia; 04-11-2010 at 09:19 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

I understand he has to have the minimum retinue but im asking if he isnt in the vehicle can other codex ig units get in?

Veteran-Sergeant

wait sorry i see your edit, thats what i wondered, thanks alot!!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistermind View Post
    I understand he has to have the minimum retinue but im asking if he isnt in the vehicle can other codex ig units get in?
    Yes.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    C:WH transports are not dedicated, thanks to the FAQ, so any unit can ride in it
    Being a Dedicated Transport only limits which unit may begin the game inside a Transport, it doesn't prevent other units from embarking later. The problem with the WH Dedicated Transports was that they had a rule which specifically restricted the Transport to the unit for which it was purchased. It is this which the FAQ removed. Transports selected for specific units are still Dedicated Transports and must follow the DT rules.

Abbess Sanctorum

From the FAQ:
    Transports
    The second print run of the Codex removed
    references to a transport vehicle only being
    usable by the unit that bought it .
    Which is what most people think of when they think "Dedicated Transport", because that's what it meant in fourth edition. And that's all I meant when I said it is no longer dedicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Which is what most people think of when they think "Dedicated Transport", because that's what it meant in fourth edition.
    I think that your assumption is incorrect. Most players I have met understand that the restrictions placed on Dedicated Transports have changed from fourth edition, but I don't believe that "most people" think that it still uses the fourth edition restrictions and they have assimilated the new rules. Though, there may be a few out there who haven't learned the new rules, just like there are some who insist on rolling a D6 for their "fleet" distance.

Abbess Sanctorum

Maybe I just have to play with a bunch of people who prefer the old fifth edition rules or something, then.

Possibly. I have met a few players who still used fourth edition terminology for some things. The worst was a Tyranid player who insisted he was playing by fifth edition rules, but was clearly using fourth edition rules. For some, the rules become so ingrained that it takes some serious effort for them to change their ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast