BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default CRUX Pattern Blood Angels Storm Raven Ver 2.0

Here is the latest Storm Raven Conversion that I just finished. Based on the Landraider Crusader kit and Valkyrie kit. Weapons are all magnetized and wings are removable for transport.

I will be posting painted pictures later on the week. Thank you for looking

PS - I got the inspiration for this conversion from the Warseer page, here is the link:

[url]http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4563815[/url]

Quick question (but hey, it's your model so you can do what you like) but doesn't the rear mounted Hurricane Bolter shoot up the back of the front-side mounted weaponry (Asst Can or LCs in your pics) because it's aligned directly behind the front weapon?

Good job though and kudos for the effort.

I think I liked your first and second conversions better, personally (the second one especially). The join between the land raider and the valkyrie is just too obvious for my taste in this one.

still, as always, very clean conversion work. I'm always impressed by your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Mortifer View Post
    Quick question (but hey, it's your model so you can do what you like) but doesn't the rear mounted Hurricane Bolter shoot up the back of the front-side mounted weaponry (Asst Can or LCs in your pics) because it's aligned directly behind the front weapon?

Good job though and kudos for the effort.
    Should not be too much of a issue since the assault cannon and laser cannon is closer to the hull and the hurricane bolters are a little bit to the side. Thank you for pointing it out though I might do some changes on the next model I make.

Quote Originally Posted by Phairsto View Post
    I think I liked your first and second conversions better, personally (the second one especially). The join between the land raider and the valkyrie is just too obvious for my taste in this one.

still, as always, very clean conversion work. I'm always impressed by your stuff.
    Thank you, I seem to get a lot of people liking the second version. I am still finishing up the model since the gap especially in the bottom still needs to be filled in. I will try to make it more blended to the body.

It`s great to see you really got the assembly line going!

The cockpit placement here is very interesting. It looks bulky and heavy armored, which is cool. I also like the magnetized weapons and wings. And the small front wings add a lot to the "small thunderhawk"-look.

But since the front section here is so much wider than the back section (at least from what I can tell; a pic from above would be much appreciated!), the whole model looks even more unbalanced than the earlier versions.

I would suggest to make the back section wider and attach the wings rather in the mid section than so far at the back.

By the way, your conversions really look like out-of-the-box-kits if you know what I mean. They`re so cleanly cut and glued! Great work.

What this needs is a big plasticard blood angels symbol on that top assault ramp, it's a big bare space at the moment.

I like the new cockpit placement on this model. it looks less bolted on than the one where it is recessed in the assault cannon space.

I agree, your conversions are frustratingly neat and tidy. I just think the word plasticard and my ability to cut in a straight line goes right out the window. Not to mention all the plastic glue fingerprints that have to be filed down.

The only exception to this is you don't seem to drill out the weapon barrels?

Chaplain

Thumbs up

looks good keep up the good work. nice weapon placement also but ur bolters do look like the will clip the front sponsons, how about extending the rear sponsons a inch or 2 outward so all weapons come to bear. jmoi. charlie