BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Fly Lord

Default Age of Sigmar Narrative League FLGS Rulepack

[URL="http://dlair.net/austin/"]Dragon's Lair Comics & Fantasy[/URL] is one of the top 10 gaming stores in the nation, located in Austin TX.

They say that they have successfully jumpstarted a thriving Age of Sigmar community using this set of homebrew narrative league rules.

Dragon's Lair said that initial attempts to put together a competitive tournament based system as used for every other game out there (40K, X-Wing, Warmachine, etc...) fell flat on it's face, but when a monthly narrative based system was drawn up, it drew in the Age of Sigmar players like a month to the flame.

They have even seen these rules handed out to other FLGS to help htem jumpstart AGe of Sigmar communities.

Take a look and let us know what you think.

Maybe those crafty folks at Dragon's Lair successfully have cracked the Age of Sigmar code (from a retailer's point of view).

PDF Below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dragon's Lair Age of Sigmar League Rules 2016.pdf  
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

All a bit baffling to me, but I welcome and applaud any and all collective hobby endeavours!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Takes a moment to think about, but it makes sense. The thing that threw me off at first was that I thought they were allowing you to field any size of unit, but then there's a note that units begin at minimum size, so I'm not sure if that means you play the game with minimum sized units, or that you must have *at least* the minimum unit size in a unit (which seems like common sense). Otherwise, relatively straightforward.

I do like the concept of paying victory points to get bonuses, which will let you have more options for force building, but also take away precious points needed to win the league. I was considering a similar concept in a set of campaign rules I was writing up for 40K. Makes a person think, "Do I want to have more options, or be closer to victory?" Given that a win is 3 points and a loss is 1 point and you get +2 per side for larger battles (50+ wounds), that means you'll have to play at least a couple of games to buy an option, and have to win both, and then when you get an option it drops your points down to where it's like you've got one loss and no wins on your record (as far as total number of points). Is it really worth taking a hefty hit to try to field a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon? (Might be in order to get the ability to field Nagash or Archaon. They're absolute beasts and can summon models to make up for the lack. Kind of like Nagash worked in WFB.)

Brother-Captain

It's difficult to tell without playing a few games using the system. But I'm prepared to take them at face value if they say it's been effective I'll believe them. Worth a go I'd say.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

If its working for them awesome. Its kind of ironic though because there are a couple of guys on the main forums from around Austin claiming that AoS died long ago in Texas and that everyone plays Kings of War.

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    If its working for them awesome. Its kind of ironic though because there are a couple of guys on the main forums from around Austin claiming that AoS died long ago in Texas and that everyone plays Kings of War.
    Maybe in their region of Texas, that's how it's going.

As for whether this is working for the guys mentioned, I'd imagine it is... looks pretty solid. I might chuck a copy to the local GW manager to see if he can get some interest (and sales) drummed up with it. Might be something to try with the mixed Chaos army (sooooo much Chaos to mix).