BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Librarian

well they're releasing them targeted to non-gw gaming stores, hobby stores and some big box stores, I would assume that kids incredibly young kids are at the whim of their parents. I got into warhammer right around 1st/2nd grade, basically ended up with the orks from a freinds box-set. at age like what 8?7?9? cant remember we were all freaked out, keeping in the mind the rarity back in the day of an up to date computer that could play decent violent shootem-ups, and the fact that it was in fact a billion times more amazing than any board game we had ever played.

In a digital age I kind of wonder if kids my age really care about physical toys/hobbies to the same extent

Veteran-Sergeant

Most of the kits are things you can run around and go VROOM with (similar to airplane models)

If you think 8 year old prefer Video games to models, walk them by a GW and see if the displays catch their eye.

The second edition terminators are pretty posable. Their waist locks into a peg and they can rotate 360 degrees. If you don't glue the arms on you get good range of motion. It's a few points of articulation away from a lego figure. Look at the blue plastic terminator sprue in the photos with the bike... it's second ed!
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Librarian

I noticed the one old terminator sarge thats next to the bike, had figured that for a stand in as he isnt a captain. I dont think theyd go as far as to do something that crazy. never know though we are in weird times. those old terminators are in fact some of the easisest to assemble ever.

Veteran-Sergeant

Either the Terminator sergeant is a place-holder, or they aren't accurately labeling the contents of boxes in-game terms.

They may have dusted off the old terminator mold, pumped it full of their blue plastic, and brought him to show off while they rework whichever Captain model mold is going to be included with the final product. They do have until November 2016.

If it is actually going to come packaged with the terminator sergeant, it's got a banner pole on the sprue. I doubt they're going to provide the old sticker-banners.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

I'm pretty certain the original person who covered this said the rep stated these were place holder models and mock up images. Models and box art was not yet finalized.

My guess is AoBR for the easy to put together models. They already have them in separate, 3 man boxes normally. They also use them in their painting sets already so not a huge stretch for them to use existing ones. But that is just my opinion.

I'd just like to say I think they'd be bonkers not to do a 'light' rule set to go with these. Something between Space Crusade and 40k.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    What I don't understand is why will 8 year olds be using glue and exacto knives?
    What's wrong with 8 year olds using glue and X-Acto knives?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I'd just like to say I think they'd be bonkers not to do a 'light' rule set to go with these. Something between Space Crusade and 40k.
    While it'd be good to not have the little ones go from assembling simple toys to seeing a complex game with intertwining rules sets that start at $85 for the core rules and $50-$58 for an army book, I'm not sure how that'll work. In theory, they could do a light rules set and just release it free, but there could be fear that it'd compete with standard 40K and people might opt to play the "light" rules rather than the full set, ditching the cost of the books. I think most people would still just stick with the full kit when they can, and having options would be nice, with the "light" set attracting not just kids but possibly other people who want to get into the game but don't want to take the full leap (and may not be able to afford to). Said rules could be packed into the Start Collecting! boxed sets as well.

It'd make sense, but I'm not sure how much sense is going around in Nottingham these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik Booraem VI View Post
    What's wrong with 8 year olds using glue and X-Acto knives?
    When it was recommended before to be 16 when to use those products?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    When it was recommended before to be 16 when to use those products?
    I was driving farm tractors with 8-foot wide mowing decks and shooting 20 gauge shotguns at 8 years old.

Glue and exacto knives are no biggie as long as parents do their damn jobs.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast