BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I was driving farm tractors with 8-foot wide mowing decks and shooting 20 gauge shotguns at 8 years old.
    Did nobody mind the heavily armed old duffer shooting up sprogs from the back of a Tractor?

Who said USA isn't liberal
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Did nobody mind the heavily armed old duffer shooting up sprogs from the back of a Tractor?

Who said USA isn't liberal
    When you have 11 acres of horse farm pasture and you father is laid up with a neck disc fusion then its up to you to keep the place running - which included mowing the pastures and killing foxes and possums.

And a 20 gauge isn't "heavily armed" by a long shot.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

d'oh! You've misread my deliberate misreading

Or have you.....did I just suffer a literary rick-roll?

*enters state of quantum uncertainty*
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    d'oh! You've misread my deliberate misreading

Or have you.....did I just suffer a literary rick-roll?

*enters state of quantum uncertainty*
    I understood the gist of your humor.

I don't joke about firearms though, unless they're called "Frostguns" or some other such nonsense.

Off track discussion though. 16 years old recommended age for plastic glue and a little knife is ridiculous IMO. At 16 years old my grandfather has lied about his age to enlist in the army and by the time he was 17 was in North Africa beating back the ****s on his way through Italy sleeping in piles of horse dung to keep warm during the winter.

I'm sick of the coddling we're giving people these days. Time to grow up precious snowflakes!
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 02-02-2016 at 09:33 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Health and Safety - the fine art preventing the terminally stupid and terminally greedy from making a quick buck.

Peanuts with 'Warning - Contains Nuts, not suitable for Nut Allergy Sufferers'? Yep. Someone probably successfully sued.

Hey, who knew Coffee was normally served really hot? Well, it wasn't actively pointed out - successful lawsuit abounds.

It feels like coddling, it's mostly the 11th Commandment, and the covering of one's own bahookie. It's the price of an increasingly litigious society (globally at that, it's not a local phenomena)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123