BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default An overdue return to the table.

How do?

So over the past few years, I've not been able to game anywhere near as much as I'd like. Between a three hour commute home, and a penchant for doing Saturday Overtime (double pay), I've just been either too rushed, or too shagged out to get my game on.

But this week? This week we christen Bloody Enormous Si's new gaming board.

It's 40k, and I know I'm using my Mechanicus, but I dunno (and don't care) what he'll be using. It may be a Legiones Astartes list. Lord knows he's got plenty enough to choose from!

And as you might expect, I'm really quite excite. I think I've played just the one game of 40k since I put together my Mechanicus, so I'm quite expecting to have my arse handed to me.

My force is probably going to be fielded as Unbound, as I've not got my head round allies yet - but given I'm likely facing a Heresy era army, I can't say it's a big worry. He's also ok for me to field one of four Knights that've never actually taken to the field...

Ah, the joys of no longer being store dependant for gaming!
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 02-03-2016 at 03:43 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Grats dude. Be sure to beat him on his own board. The only thing I've seen that can shut the mechanicum army down completely is a void shield generator.

Chapter-Master

Put some piccys up will you old horse, would be nice to see.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

But.....nothing is painted!

Another downside of a) not being a natural painter b) working/commuting stupid hours.

But yes. I'll do my best to provide some pics. I'm hoping a Knight Crusader will punch some early holes in his line, allowing the Skitarii a little breathing space. Our guns might be hilariously psychotic, but they still need decent rolls!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Another downside of a) not being a natural painter b) working/commuting stupid hours.
    I remember an article in WD, maybe issue 30x, about a guy who was a rep promoting GW products at game stores throughout Norway, (??) and one of his forces was the complete Blood Angels chapter. I think his name was Artur Szindler (?sp

And he did a lot of his painting on trains. So, I guess what I'm saying is you need to get better excuses

Nah. I just need to pull me finger out!

Difference this year of course is a much bigger Mystery Towers, replete with Hobby Room and a table right by t'window, letting in plenty of natural light. And as I can stream to my iPad, I now stand a much greater chance of getting on with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    And he did a lot of his painting on trains. So, I guess what I'm saying is you need to get better excuses
    I take the bus to/from work (very valid reasons not to drive). There is barely room to read, definitely no room to paint. Heck, I often have to sit somewhat sideways just to have room for my legs.

If you guys have that much room on the trains, you are lucky buggers! (Though I think, during my trip to Washington, D.C., the trains there had a good bit of space.)

Chapter-Master

ewww natural light

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Shutupgoff

Chapter-Master

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast