BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Casual daemonkin

Hey Everyone.

My thoughts on a 1000p KDK army for casual play. Was also wondering if i should go for Herald on juggy with axe and loci of Fury instead of the lord in the hounds. Was wondering if this list has any succes.
    Has blood host and gorepack in it.

+++ Demonkin (998pts) +++

++ Codex: Khorne Daemonkin (Combined Arms Detachment) (998pts) ++

+ HQ (155pts) +

Chaos Lord (155pts) [Chaos Bike (20pts), Close Combat Weapon, Power Armour, Sigil of Corruption (25pts), The Blade of Endless Bloodshed (35pts)]

+ Elites (150pts) +

Possessed (150pts) [4x Possessed (120pts), Possessed Champion (30pts)]

+ Troops (228pts) +

Bloodletters (85pts) [8x Bloodletters (80pts), Upgrade one Bloodletter to Bloodreaper (5pts)]

Bloodletters (85pts) [8x Bloodletters (80pts), Upgrade one Bloodletter to Bloodreaper (5pts)]

Chaos Cultists (58pts) [7x Cultists (42pts)]
    ····Cultist Champion (16pts) [Autopistol]

+ Fast Attack (300pts) +

Chaos Bikers (86pts) [2x Bikers (44pts), Meltagun (10pts)]
    ····Biker Champion (32pts) [Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon]

Chaos Bikers (86pts) [2x Bikers (44pts), Meltagun (10pts)]
    ····Biker Champion (32pts) [Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon]

Flesh Hounds (128pts) [8x Flesh Hounds (128pts)]

+ Heavy Support (165pts) +

Soul Grinder (165pts) [Phlegm Bombardment (30pts)]

It is probably too expensive for such a small game. Also Blood Points are much harder to get in small games.

I would suggest the following adjustments (keep in mind that I do not know your miniature collection, nor your local meta)

1) Stick to CAD in low point games as the cost for the Blood host is pretty high and you do not have enough threats to make the Posessed worthwhile.
    2) If you want to stick with the lord I would consider letting him run solo with a Juggernaut. He is not easy to kill and can hold his own.
    3) Bloodletters are fine
    4) Skip the cultists. They are pretty expensive when marked and are inferior to Bloodletters in every way.
    5) The gore pack is nice because it allows you to get a huge amount of minimum size Flesh hounds. Try to squeeze in as much dog units as possible
    6) The soulgrinder is a good unit all in all, for low point games I would recommend Maulerfiends as you need reliable and fast anti tank.

An example could look like this:

Lord on Juggernaut, Sigil, KOR’LATH

2x8 Bloodletters, Bloodreaper

1x Chaos Spawn

2x Maulerfiend

2x3 Bikes, Champion, Melta
    2x5 Flesh hounds

You basically just move everything into your opponents face as fast as possible while he is busy figuring out what he should gun down first. Most of the used units are pretty durable while giving quick bloodpoints if killed.

Battle-Brother

Tnx for the advise. Sounds good