BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Option is still there though - and if you've got it, you don't need to go buying the Grand Alliance books. Which is nice.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Option is still there though - and if you've got it, you don't need to go buying the Grand Alliance books. Which is nice.
    I'd be more about the app if ALL the formations and whatnot could be purchased there. So far the box set ones aren't available at all, for extra charge or otherwise.

Also, the app's reader for books purchased in it is aweful. Unless it's seen some major updates since its release, it has no search feature, no table of contents, not even a page skip. It doesn't even remember what page you left off on, so every time you open a book to reference anything, or gods forbid try to read the next chapter in a novel or something, you have to flip one page at a time, tediously loading each page of what could be a several hundred pages book, in order to get to the page you left off on.

Worthless. Absolutely worthless. It's an ok app for referencing war scrolls, but you should never, ever buy books on it.
    Last edited by malisteen; 02-09-2016 at 09:46 AM.

The ones from the boxed game, or the Getting Started?

I've only used it for the Warscrolls. I like to have my rule books in paper form. All lined up in the bookcase. In release order. Nice and neat.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 02-09-2016 at 09:50 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

The getting started ones. I'd happily pay a buck or two to be able to reference the malignant formation on on the app, but no.

Can send you pic of my one. Don't much fancy carrying it around, as I'm liable to lose it or damage it, so photo will be taken anyways.

And in other newses.....stuff wot I has lurned from Balance of Power.

There are female Stormcast Eternals.

Sigmar can and will make new Stormcast.

Ghal Maraz offering redemption wasn't just a sideline in the Stormcast Battletome.

Archaon's origins are just secret.....but potentially ruinous for him....

Which is pretty cool
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 02-15-2016 at 05:21 AM.

Nice to see them notice the backlash on the Sigmarines and add the female reference.

Not nice to see a continuation of the attempted retconning of the WFB background. Oh well. Not unexpected, but still disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Can send you pic of my one. Don't much fancy carrying it around, as I'm liable to lose it or damage it, so photo will be taken anyways.
    Is this directed at me re: the Malignant formation? If so, it's fine, I have a copy, I just would have liked it to be available on the app if I was going to try to actually use it for referencing scrolls.

It's worth noting that all the units from the compendiums that didn't make it into newer AoS books - helcannon, throgg, the entire tomb kings line - are still in the app. Even the named versions of characters that now have generic replacements, like the tomb kings characters or Krell.

However, what's NOT in the app is formations from compendiums that have been updated in some way. In particular, while the app maintains the entries for Vlad, Konrad, vampire on abyssal terror, etc, the entries for 'deathrattle horde' and the ghoul formation have been deleted, which I find very frustrating because that was free content that's now been removed, to be replaced by less content (the GAoD book only has a single formation of skeletons, nothing for ghouls or anything else) that they'll charge extra for.

I'm just... really frustrated by that, and by the GAoD in general. None of the changes were critical, it doesn't seem to add any meaningful fluff, and it leaves behind far, far more content than it adds. If they didn't have anything new for death to offset at least to some small degree all the stuff they were going to drop, then they shouldn't have bothered releasing the book yet, and the fact that they couldn't even be bothered to come up with a handful of formations, which don't require any new models, is just insult to injury.
    Last edited by malisteen; 02-17-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12