BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chaplain

Huh, seems the ramblings on that old gypsy GW manager had some truth to them.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Chapter-Master

wow, oficially squatted it seems :
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Warhammer?Nao=12&Nu=product.repositoryId&N=102330+ 4294965258&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryI d=cat440002a-flat[/url]

the entire Tomb kings range is moved to this "last chance to buy" section, including the plastic kits. Never had a range I like squatted before! I would of thought they would of at least kept the necropolis knights and sphinx kits around and moved them to one of their new armies. Really shocked by this move tbh. I ended up buying 3 sets of Sepulchral stalkers and a sphinx to finish my army with.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 02-12-2016 at 06:19 PM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I am surprised and grumpy and also going to order a lot of warphinxes.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I am surprised and grumpy and also going to order a lot of warphinxes.
    Am with you on the grumpiness. hmmph. GW are bakas!
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Don't worry... as every single AoS apologist said: "They will never squat an army!" They certainly get re released with brand new models and campaigns and... no? Well who did see THAT coming...

Chaplain

It saddens me (TK being my first army) but this what happens when GW ignores a faction over a popular one. The 8th edition release of Tomb Kings saw new kits but only one reworked kit (Tomb Guard) so whilst you had all your fancy monsters you had at the core 20 year old skeletons with an upgrade sprue and 10 year old chariots and Horsemen sculpted to fit with the old models. It was the main factor why I stopped playing tomb kings considering what I saw from the Vampire Counts Skeletons that were reworked.

So much for ebaying my old stuff :/
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

As a Vampire Count player I feel for my Undead brothers

Now this makes me wonder what other armies are not going to make the cut once the other alliance books come out.

Chapter-Master

I expect Brettonians to probably get cut, they never even had the support the TK got. Could see a lot of the empire and elves getting cut too. The "not knowing" is probably the worst part though as you don't know when a kit you might like may get squatted from existence. The Chaos Forsaken kit was 2013 i believe which is quite recent, allthough I may be wrong (please correct me if I am!) the newer TK kits were from 2010, so it seems modern kits getting the cut is a real possibility.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123