BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Paint scheme for my iron hands

Hey all just looking for some helpful advice on what colors to use for my iron hands. I'm specifically looking for the names and whether or not it's the base or a layer or highlight or drybrush. I'm doing your generic iron hands so I know black and whatnot but looking for suggestions as well. Also I do not have an airbrush do when I do paint it will be with my steady artistically capable hands lol.

Banned

30K or actual 40K Iron Hands? Your own custom chapter?

i plan on getting more of the 30k models and upgrades personally so i guess a more 30k colorscheme would be better. i plan on saving up for the battle of calth box so that should be a good starting point modelwise. i thought of doing my own personal chapter but i havent completely decided yet so as of right now im just running generic IH.

If you want them to look 'pure' black: drybrush the armour with Stornvermin Fur, paint rivets and cables with Leadbelcher (ink wash this with Nuln Oil)

If you want them to look more Steampunk-y: drybrush the armour with Rhinox Hide, paint rivets and cables with copper colours (ink wash this with Agrax Earthshade.

Paint weapon bodies in white; ink wash with a 50:50 mix of Drakenhof Nightshade and Lahmian Medium, then highlight with white again.

Lens painted Scorpion Green, then given a Biel-Tan Green wash.

Bases painted with Martian Ironearth, and boom: tabletop standard paintjobs.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

sounds awesome! thanks! Im assuming these are all citadel brand paints and inks?

Indeed.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

First-Captain

I went for a charcoal paint for mine. Metallic black straight out the pot. Then bits of boltgun metal and mithril silver for edges.

Nothing special but simple and quick.

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?20178-energongoodie-s-Iron-Hands&highlight=energongoodie+iron+hands[/url]